How awesome is an HD2 after 4 trees ?

Bigmac

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
1:54 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ross wasn’t there: he had nothing to do with this Tomfoolery.

@Genius
What? What? So you don’t believe he got shot over Vietnam during the civil war at the advanced age of 3? And he isn’t over 150 years old? Are you saying something on the internet is untrustworthy?? What?? Can’t be, just can’t?

hseII

AKA - Karenberly's Husband
Local time
4:54 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What? What? So you don’t believe he got shot over Vietnam during the civil war at the advanced age of 3? And he isn’t over 150 years old? Are you saying something on the internet is untrustworthy?? What?? Can’t be, just can’t?

I wasn’t fooling with that: I’m certain however the 9 1/3 hasn’t been involved.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
3:54 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Forty year old technology working with natural forces after two days of work.
Everything worked its way to the bottom of the carb box. Last cut as good as the first, some were milling type cuts, so lots of fines made. Seems simple to me, why with all our advanced technology do we not make things better than the old timers with a piece of paper and pencil?

IMG_20181005_133602524.jpg

Basher

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
5:54 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Everything worked its way to the bottom of the carb box. Last cut as good as the first, some were milling type cuts, so lots of fines made. Seems simple to me, why with all our advanced technology do we not make things better than the old timers with a piece of paper and pencil?

View attachment 144284

It is our technology that is making things worse for dependability, just look at how complicated diesel engines have gotten, 6.4 comes to mind, an old 225 was dependable without all of our recent technology.

Johnmn

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

View attachment 144284
Nothing wrong with my 670's filtration either imo

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

View attachment 144284

Cant sell as many saws when they run for ever.

It a race to the bottom these days.

Terry Syd

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
7:54 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Let's hope 'planned obsolescence' is not the new business model. It would be a really bad decision to follow the automotive industry and have a chainsaw only last 3 years.

RedGas

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
It is our technology that is making things worse for dependability, just look at how complicated diesel engines have gotten, 6.4 comes to mind, an old 225 was dependable without all of our recent technology.

+1

My old PSD 7.3 ought to run a million miles. The more recent PowerStrokes? Not so much...

What's "diesel exhaust fluid," anyway?

Willard

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

View attachment 144284
Those nylon filters are the best, I used them year round. Best for in the winter with snow and 30 below.
Here's a 32 year old 064 nylon filter Stihl Canada just sold me.
They told me it's the last one in stock.
Good thing I still had the black base, they were sold out years ago.
20181006_075553.jpg

RedGas

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Those nylon filters are the best, I used them year round. Best for in the winter with snow and 30 below.
Here's a 32 year old 064 nylon filter Stihl Canada just sold me.
They told me it's the last one in stock.
Good thing I still had the black base, they were sold out years ago.
View attachment 144358

Do you get many fines getting through that filter when you use it if there's no snow? I thought I heard those nylon filters were more to keep snow out, and I guess the sawdust would stick to the melting snow on the filter...but wasn't sure they would work in normal conditions like here where snow is rare...