High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

How are the Asian 660s holding up???

K robbers

Active OPE Member
Local time
8:02 AM
User ID
Reaction score
With a bar that big you'll need to get a high output pump or mod the stalk one even then you still might have to stop while you're cutting and dump oil on it that's way bigger bar than what that saw was ment for you should be running that bar on a ms880. That's just my two cents.lol
Yes I agree have to baby it with that 42 “ don’t want to burn it up but that’s all I can handle bad back and 63 years old and I have been using a oil can to keep up on the chain to bad the saw didn’t have a Hand pump also it seems to pull the 42” good have video but can’t seem to post it of cutting a large spruce. I’m going to be using the 660 on a alaskan sawmill and have a existential oil on the chain.

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
11:02 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The piston pin bearing is a known weakness and for $10 I replace all of them right off the bat. That crank snap looks like a flaw. For the record, I tighten all mine well beyond the torque specks. The AM ones don't always "mate" as well, and I hate a spun flywheel (a 440 on spun on me anyway).

And yes, the threads should strip before the crank breaks … don't ask how I know!

Last edited:

stinkbait

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It was just my attempt at making a joke at the saws I use. Lol
I knew you weren't serious. I use one of the 660s a lot. They are also great for experimenting with new porting theories that are constantly running through my head. Piston and cylinders are dirt cheap.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

two4spooky

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
10:02 AM
User ID
Reaction score
View attachment 170577 View attachment 170578 View attachment 170579 I like your post I’ve been working on similar problems I have the Huzti 660 also blue I had no oil from out of the box found out the case was not machined enuf around the oil pump drive and the oil pump drive wire cut a new path on it’s own View attachment 170577the pump was destroyed I replaced it and the pickup line and the oil pump drive after re cutting the case to clear View attachment 170578now I have oil but it’s not enuf half tank of oil to one tank gas and the oil vale - cam all the way open or full oil so I’m wondering if my oil to thick it’s cold 32 degrees hear and the chain oil is malaises I’m going to try thinner oil and see any ideas ? View attachment 170579But the saw is running grate
Ouch! I wish I would have seen your post sooner as I had the same problem. Luckily I caught mine quickly during first start-up. while looking for bar oil flow. Only minor damage. I filed the metal arm of the worm gear down and it was still long enough to engage the drum. Other issues I had: 1)starter pulley broke in about 15 pulls, seriously. And I don't drop start saws. Replaced with Hyway brand pulley, need Hyway brand pawls to work correctly. 2)Control lever not staying in choke position. Dremeled where ground spring holds control lever in choke position. 3)Pulled muffler(curiosity), saw fine vertical scratches on intake side of cylinder and exhaust side of piston. Still not cleaning up swarf after machining cases? I have a P/C kit waiting on the bench. Only six tanks through it so far. Starts easy, good compression, runs strong(at least ATM) and has held it's tune at 12,500.

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just a Scare!

I usually don't touch a saw in Tax Season, but I had a break in the schedule today, and the Pro that bought a 440 BB from me (was his idea) said he is moving soon, and the saw locked up on him. Said it was running great (he really likes it), he shut it down, and it would not pull over.

Said it runs much smoother since I added the washers to the top vibration insulator and "unsprung" the torque in his top handle.

I took a few minutes to check it out, and it was just the clutch! A clutch spring broke, one of those 3 metal stamped things broke, and it jammed things up.

Took the clutch off, and everything spins just fine!!! (WHEW!!!!!)

MG porting

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
8:02 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ok I had to change my post. I have to say I love this saw the more i throw at it the more I like it I had to put a oem recoil starter on it it's the only one that will hold up lol I'm running 110 Ras gas in it and it's very happy with it now it's almost time to put it up against my 064.lol. IMG_20190316_185842.jpg

I Know Something

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
After replacing my impulse line. My 660 has been running better and better. I have about 12 tanks threw it and its getting stronger with every one. At this point. For the money I've put in it. I'm overly impressed so far. Some time in the next month. I'll get a video about it put up.

I Know Something

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ok I had to change my post. I have to say I love this saw the more i throw at it the more I like it I had to put a oem recoil starter on it it's the only one that will hold up lol I'm running 110 Ras gas in it and it's very happy with it now it's almost time to put it up against my 064.lol. View attachment 174330
What kind and where did you get that muffler cover? Lol. I'm laughing. But it looks cool.

I Know Something

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So I got my tree I was going to demonstrate my saw on available to get to. Got an area cleared out to shoot a video. Then a pay day later. Acquired my 36" bar and chain. Put it on and the tentioner stripped out. Got a OEM one and stripped that one. After over 25 tanks threw it. I figured it had to be an underlying problem. And I found it.
20190508_212325.jpg
Had to grind out that corner for the cover plate to seat properly as well as..

20190508_212246.jpg
A bit in that corner to get it to lay flat. With out it, it allowed enough room for the shaft to pop up when pushing the bar out and stripped both the aftermarket and OEM tensioner. And have the rubber seal as a casualty too somehow.

All a part of Monday's funday!

Gary Courtney

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sold one I built to local tree service. His crew is known to not "baby" a saw.Visited him yesterday on his jobsite and the saw has about 200 tanks through it running a 36" and he said it has not missed a beat. It looked like it had been drug behind the truck to the jobsites but never the less.

I Know Something

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sold one I built to local tree service. His crew is known to not "baby" a saw.Visited him yesterday on his jobsite and the saw has about 200 tanks through it running a 36" and he said it has not missed a beat. It looked like it had been drug behind the truck to the jobsites but never the less.
Very nice! Other then a impulse line that failed to stay on. This is my only problem. I think I forgot to mention that the tensioner end is needing that brass bushing on it. Its ordered. Gets here next week.

Ya know. For the few OEM parts I have on this thing. It has been quite durable. What OEM parts did you put on?

Last edited:

Absolution

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
drive wire cut a new path on it’s own

I'm going to guess maybe we had a bad batch. I also had a blue 660 do the same thing. I replaced it with oem parts and it still acted anemic. I'm going to replace oil tank tube and see if that fixes the problem.