High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

how about a Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX,+IA GTG thread?

KS Plainsman

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
3:25 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You Mac guys better jump on this before it's too late [emoji39]
Welcome KS Plainsman.
a98d1bc70c8defb572119ba8634ed008.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Thankya Sir! I sure hate to pass on deals as amazing as that (sarcasm), but I'll let someone else be the "lucky" guy who gets that. My word, the prices on Macs have went haywire the past few years! Worst part about it for me is, there is literally zero second hand market for saws out here, short of cheap, homeowner saws, that should be thrown away. So Ebay is a main source for me, if I'm buying second hand, but I'm just not interested in paying the prices some of the people on there ask for their saws.

moparnut88

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
4:25 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well my little massey dozer found a new home this weekend. Guess I'll start finishing up the 450 case next. Always something that needs to be worked on.
f0009deb7cd116bcf528f1954d685fb2.jpg

moparnut88

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
4:25 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Saw this on the ride home from church. Its on a 20' bumper pull trailer. Has duals and everything just mini. I wonder what it has for a powertrain. Pretty neat looking.
5bcc859498f20cb47f68e7d82cd05179.jpg

KS Plainsman

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Don't be afraid to jump in most of not all brand gouging is all in fun. Them other guys have it all wrong. How far west in Ks are you.

I figured it was all in fun. I'm west of Hays, if you know where that is. That's about the last bigger town before things start getting pretty desolate.

Hinerman

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I figured it was all in fun. I'm west of Hays, if you know where that is. That's about the last bigger town before things start getting pretty desolate.

Yes, all in fun, normally at my expense.

Hays is half way between me and Denver. My brother played baseball at fort hays state.

KS Plainsman

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Where do you cut your wood? Old shelter belts? What's your closest town! I used to demo alot of Cat graders out there!

We have alot of creeks that are lined with trees and old dry river beds as well. Most of those are cottonwoods, but we have to take what we can get. So I have alot of that for burning during the day and save the better stuff for night time.

Then I have a few small towns around, that I take down trees in, on the side. We don't have trees all over, but our towns are loaded with trees, and alot of those trees are old and big. So If I can get a few of those a year I'm good. Most people aren't equipped for big trees and tree services charge an arm and a leg, so I take down trees for free as long as I get the wood. It's a win, win, for me and the person I'm helping.

Then just like others on here, I've become the guy people call when they have tree work they need taken care of. So I keep a constant supply. Lastly, because there isn't many who burn wood out here, there's not alot of competition for wood.

I know it seems odd, because most who burn wood, live in heavily wooded areas, but there's plenty of wood around here, a guy just has to be a little more creative I guess.

KS Plainsman

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Did a few jobs for the city of Hays few years back. It does get desolate pretty quick out there.

Yes it does, and I like it that way! Then again I was born and raised out here, so for me it's normal, but I sure understand folks who are used to populated areas, that come out here and can't wait to leave. It ain't for everyone, that's for sure! :)

KS Plainsman

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Worked in Hays and I think Norton west of Phillipsburg.

Yeah, Hays is a pretty boomin little town, for western Kansas. It's close enough we can make a day trip out of it and have access to all the box store type stuff, but we're far enough there's no population overflow.

KS Plainsman

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I thought maybe you were way out there. I have a cousin in Oberlin & hauled a few loads of fertilizer into Norton.

Yessir! I've tried the big town/city living and it's definitely not for me. I'm a simple man and prefer living a simpler life as well. Maybe I watched too many Andy Griffith reruns as a kid, I don't know. Lol!

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think @odin is out your way. Always fun meeting fellow like minded forum members.

Yes it does, and I like it that way! Then again I was born and raised out here, so for me it's normal, but I sure understand folks who are used to populated areas, that come out here and can't wait to leave. It ain't for everyone, that's for sure! :)

Couple years ago after a week vacation in SoCal I was ever so happy to see the wide open roads of Western Kansas lol.