High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

how about a Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX,+IA GTG thread?

concretegrazer

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
6:30 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
How are you going to access those?
Pull the axle out completely?

The u joints are showing there age so the final drives have to come apart. If it weren't for that I'd was told just pop the king pins and tie rod and the shafts come right out. Kinda sorta...

SteveSS

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Good morning Thomas.
I have not.
@Digger's Dad
@SteveSS
@Mo Jim
Here I am!! Just been real busy. Dad and I happened across a fella who had quite a few trees logged of off his property and we've been busy cutting tops. Lot's and lot's of free wood that just can't be passed up. And the land owner loves us because we stack the brush and burn it for him while we're working. It's a win-win.

Hope everyone had a great holiday season. It's been real good up here in Russellville, MO. Now this snow last weekend.....Ugh! Had a full 12" at our house. Thankful for neighbors with big John Deere's to come in and blade the driveway.

SteveSS

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Now for the question of the day...

For the other folks that run OWB's that have the water lines hooked up to your water heater. Do you ever run out of hot water when your burning wood? I was having this convo with some work mates today, and they were raving about never running out of hot water. In our house, the wife and I shower together on workdays because the hot water doesn't last for two separate showers. I've checked all of my valves, and both the input side and the output side into and out of the water heater are almost too hot to touch. So my valves seems like they're in the correct position, with the valve handle in parallel with the pex. If they weren't correct, I'd only have hot pex on one side, right?

Should I be running out of hot water in the mornings with a quickie shower? If not, what should I look at? Sludge in the water heater? Something else?

I want some of that never-ending hot water that my coworkers are raving about.

Hedgerow

ONE OF THE GREATEST.....LONG LEGGED MIDGETS
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The u joints are showing there age so the final drives have to come apart. If it weren't for that I'd was told just pop the king pins and tie rod and the shafts come right out. Kinda sorta...
Hub and shaft slide out..

Challenge is getting it back in.

Hedgerow

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

For the other folks that run OWB's that have the water lines hooked up to your water heater. Do you ever run out of hot water when your burning wood? I was having this convo with some work mates today, and they were raving about never running out of hot water. In our house, the wife and I shower together on workdays because the hot water doesn't last for two separate showers. I've checked all of my valves, and both the input side and the output side into and out of the water heater are almost too hot to touch. So my valves seems like they're in the correct position, with the valve handle in parallel with the pex. If they weren't correct, I'd only have hot pex on one side, right?

Should I be running out of hot water in the mornings with a quickie shower? If not, what should I look at? Sludge in the water heater? Something else?

Your boiler isn’t holding enough volume...
Can you drain the lime out of it?

Workshop

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

A common problem with water heaters in Missouri is the lime content in the water. It will build up in the bottom of the heater. I've seen a good 2-3 inch buildup before. While it will still heat the water, and you can still get the out pipe to hot to touch, it takes longer to heat through the build up. Thus, causing short showers. I've been getting about 5-7 years out of 40 gallon natural gas water heaters. I think I'm on my 4th now. I'd love to install an on demand type water heater. Much more efficient and last a LOT longer, but I can't seem to convince the wife to pay out a grand or more for one .

plcnut

Jesus is LORD
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

We have a plate heat exchanger on ours, and, yes, the hot water is never ending.
I bought a water softener when I bought the OWB to make sure that we kept the lime out.
Exactly what do you have for a water heater/exchanger?

hoskvarna

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

There ain’t nothing wrong
Your just telling the wife that
I might be dumb but I ain’t stupid [emoji2957]
Hehehehe Lol

Sent from Hoskey Hills

SteveSS

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Your boiler isn’t holding enough volume...
Can you drain the lime out of it?

The boiler, or the water heater? I'll have to look into that this coming weekend.

A common problem with water heaters in Missouri is the lime content in the water. It will build up in the bottom of the heater. I've seen a good 2-3 inch buildup before. While it will still heat the water, and you can still get the out pipe to hot to touch, it takes longer to heat through the build up. Thus, causing short showers. I've been getting about 5-7 years out of 40 gallon natural gas water heaters. I think I'm on my 4th now. I'd love to install an on demand type water heater. Much more efficient and last a LOT longer, but I can't seem to convince the wife to pay out a grand or more for one .

We have a plate heat exchanger on ours, and, yes, the hot water is never ending.
I bought a water softener when I bought the OWB to make sure that we kept the lime out.

I've been thinking about a softener, but haven't pulled that trigger yet. Dad is having an RO system installed in his house next week I think. That's a little more than I want to spend. Our water is horrible though, so it's probably build up in the tank.

The heat exchanger looks like what would be the sight glass on the old style coffee percolators, without the glass. One side goes into the top of the heater and the other side comes out the bottom where the drain valve is.

Hmmm, I wonder if there's enough sludge in the bottom of the tank that the hot water is just flowing into the "sight glass" and straight back out again, and not even getting to the heater?

SteveSS

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
There ain’t nothing wrong
Your just telling the wife that
I might be dumb but I ain’t stupid [emoji2957]
Hehehehe Lol

Sent from Hoskey Hills
Well, I mean it ain't horrible having to shower with the wife every morning, but extended hot water would make it a lot better. :cool::cool:

Workshop

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well, I mean it ain't horrible having to shower with the wife every morning, but extended hot water would make it a lot better. :cool::cool:
If my wife and I took showers together 30-40 years ago, I'd have a football teams worth of kids now. Offense and defense.
:risas3:

Hedgerow

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
And you got half a football team...

This don’t math out right..