High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

how about a Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX,+IA GTG thread?

teacherman

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
2:30 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Howdy gents.

I hope your weekend was good.

Well, it appears my stepfather is not out of the game just yet. He'll be headed home today or tomorrow, and for the first time there will be an actual home health nurse coming to his house, because he has a tube to drain fluid from his chest, and it takes an actual home health care professional to manage this. I relate to being stubborn, but achieving this having a person come visit is an actual milestone... I feel badly I can't be there to supervise this process, but he assures me all is as well as can be expected. He still drives himself around, and refuses to eat anything not sweet or chocolatey, and will not drink enough water, but on he goes. It's hard when someone you love and care about is stubborn and resists efforts to help him manage his situation. I can't move up there, and he sure as heck isn't going to move down here. Tough old dude.

I actually managed to take the next step at our new church, attending one of three classes they offer after. The calss was run by a man my age, and he and I connected well, or so it seemed to me. It's going to be a good fit I think, but it is a huge battle getting Emerson there on a Sunday. They said he did OK once he got there, but Nancy had to wait him out, sitting in the van outside for a good while until he finally relented. It's a tough balance because if we just force him it'll be counterproductive in the long run. I hope to connect with some families there who have kids his age, I think that would help a lot.

I saw this truck advertised today. Mileage and price seemed pretty low. Is the 7.5 the one people like? That's a big motor, seems like it's a 460 but in diesel.

I can't get the link to show up. It's a facebook marketplace page.

"1994 Ford 3/4 ton 2wd supercab long bed 146,000 miles 7.5L motor. Runs great and drives good. Has an exhaust leek at the manifold. Has gooseneck ball in the back.I am asking $1,900.00 OBO If you are interested call [hidden information]1"

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Howdy gents.

I hope your weekend was good.

Well, it appears my stepfather is not out of the game just yet. He'll be headed home today or tomorrow, and for the first time there will be an actual home health nurse coming to his house, because he has a tube to drain fluid from his chest, and it takes an actual home health care professional to manage this. I relate to being stubborn, but achieving this having a person come visit is an actual milestone... I feel badly I can't be there to supervise this process, but he assures me all is as well as can be expected. He still drives himself around, and refuses to eat anything not sweet or chocolatey, and will not drink enough water, but on he goes. It's hard when someone you love and care about is stubborn and resists efforts to help him manage his situation. I can't move up there, and he sure as heck isn't going to move down here. Tough old dude.

I actually managed to take the next step at our new church, attending one of three classes they offer after. The calss was run by a man my age, and he and I connected well, or so it seemed to me. It's going to be a good fit I think, but it is a huge battle getting Emerson there on a Sunday. They said he did OK once he got there, but Nancy had to wait him out, sitting in the van outside for a good while until he finally relented. It's a tough balance because if we just force him it'll be counterproductive in the long run. I hope to connect with some families there who have kids his age, I think that would help a lot.

I saw this truck advertised today. Mileage and price seemed pretty low. Is the 7.5 the one people like? That's a big motor, seems like it's a 460 but in diesel.

I can't get the link to show up. It's a facebook marketplace page.

"1994 Ford 3/4 ton 2wd supercab long bed 146,000 miles 7.5L motor. Runs great and drives good. Has an exhaust leek at the manifold. Has gooseneck ball in the back.I am asking $1,900.00 OBO If you are interested call [hidden information]1"
Send me a link on FB and I'll take a look at it.

Mrs. A

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Workshop

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Kind of having a hard time right now .
I just learned a very good friend of mine passed away Sunday. He helped me through some very rough times in my past.
I'll miss him very much.
:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Workshop

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I am truly sorry for your loss Steve.

It has been my experience that Good friends can be more important than family, and more helpful.
Thanks everybody.
Chet hit home. I lost my brother 6 years ago. To give you my perspective on my brother, he left for college when I was entering the 4th grade. And my sister left for college when I was entering the 6th grade. Other than them home on holidays, they weren't really a big part of my life. They didn't have a lot of influence in my young life.
Gary and I didn't become friends until I was about 35. He was 3 years older than me . He and I both worked for the same company, Pep Boys, and we found out we only lived 1 block apart. So we started hanging out and became good friends. Nothing against my brother, I worshipped the ground he walked on, but my brother was never the friend that Gary was . I suffered a serious bout of depression during our friendship and he and his wife, she was a nurse, recognized what was wrong and help my wife get me the help I needed. He moved a few years later but we were able to keep in touch through calling, texting and Facebook.
I'm thankful to have friends like you all in my life now. Some of you are a little older than me and some are younger to a lot younger. But I need every one of you to know that each of you fits into a piece of my life and you have become a very important part of me and , as Chet said, you have become very good friends.
Thanks for letting me ramble everybody. It means a lot to me.
:)

hoskvarna

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks everybody.
Chet hit home. I lost my brother 6 years ago. To give you my perspective on my brother, he left for college when I was entering the 4th grade. And my sister left for college when I was entering the 6th grade. Other than them home on holidays, they weren't really a big part of my life. They didn't have a lot of influence in my young life.
Gary and I didn't become friends until I was about 35. He was 3 years older than me . He and I both worked for the same company, Pep Boys, and we found out we only lived 1 block apart. So we started hanging out and became good friends. Nothing against my brother, I worshipped the ground he walked on, but my brother was never the friend that Gary was . I suffered a serious bout of depression during our friendship and he and his wife, she was a nurse, recognized what was wrong and help my wife get me the help I needed. He moved a few years later but we were able to keep in touch through calling, texting and Facebook.
I'm thankful to have friends like you all in my life now. Some of you are a little older than me and some are younger to a lot younger. But I need every one of you to know that each of you fits into a piece of my life and you have become a very important part of me and , as Chet said, you have become very good friends.

Feelings are mutual Steve
Thats what friends do is listen and don’t judge.
Sorry for your loss.

Sent from Hoskey Hills

Hinerman

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks everybody.

Very well said. Thanks for the ramble...

sawnami

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
3:30 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks everybody.
Sorry for your loss Steve. I'm close if you need to talk.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk