High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

how about a Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX,+IA GTG thread?

teacherman

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
5:07 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Please understand, I didn't mean to lecture you or sound parochial. For me it comes down to three things:
1 - What boundaries did you set for Him and where do his actions fall within that circumscribed pretext?
2 - ROI: What do you ultimately stand to gain (tangible and intangible) by continuing the friendship vs the assessed financial and intrinsic worth of that tangible object?
3 - With you being His senior and his past mentor-ship being very possibly lackadaisical, what could you both stand to gain by putting your experience to work, by teaching Him, while He's teaching you?

I ask because that's literally the definition of my daily job now, (plus about 5.8 trillion other semantic and pedantic details); to put my knowledge, experience and wisdom gained from my 19 years in the A.F, as a Senior NCO, to work in the mentoring of those who will replace me, and hopefully do a much better job than I have. I have always been a fairly straightforward and upright person (recently described by a friend as righteous, though I hadn't thought about it from that angle) and have long maintained that what's good for the Goose is indeed good for the Gander. And, there are times that I've let my temper get the better of me when I was pissed, (even though the anger was well-founded and justified in my mind), but it took losing out on some potential opportunities because I was too' concerned about being right or fair, to see the larger picture, (under the axiom of win the battle to lose the war).

The older I get, the more I grasp just how astutely observant (and right) my (Late) Great-Grandmother Kent was, with many of Her sayings, Her favorite being: "You catch more flies with honey than you do with vinegar." I do miss that lady greatly and wish I could thank Her now for all of the pearls of wisdom that She granted me, while I was far too young, infantile and immature to understand them, but I know that in Her quiet, unassuming way, that She was planting seeds and hoping that they'd grow with at least one of Her Great-Grand Children, and they did.

I apologize for the novel, but thought I ought to clarify my reply, lest the wrong tone be received. Take care, and I hope it works out well for you regardless of the path you choose.

Thank you sir
Well put.
Your great-gran sounds a lot like Nancy, the Queen of our little tribe. Tolerates my immaturity with the grace only an angel can muster.

Yah I need to make a point of clarifying things with my associate. I’ve been off with injuries a while, and all my tree jobs he does, I’ve not taken a dime, until he lowballed me on a load I hauled and dumped for him, which made it clear he’ll take advantage of me to the extent I’m willing to allow. He’s the sole breadwinner for his young family, and I’m basically retired, so I err on the side of benefitting him, but it seems I’ve made myself a bit of a sap in so doing. I found out a splitter cyl is not supposed to leak at all, and that once it starts it’ll go south quick, so I’ll try to get DHT to send me another, and try to get a few bucks from my associate if he uses it again in the meantime. Friends don’t screw friends over, but nor should they allow it. He can get his own splitter next year if he wants to sell firewood. I’m happy to split enough for me and burn it.

Thank you gentlemen for listening and sharing your thoughts and guidance. It’s more important to me that I do the right thing than that I profit from every transaction. But that said, sticking up for oneself is far more noble than taking one in the you-know-where, so to speak.

I hope each of you is preparing for a glorious Thanksgiving. I’ll be smoking my first turkey this year, since I splurged on a Traeger this summer. Got it brining in Worcestershire, garlic and soy sauce, and I’m thinking apple pellets are the order of the day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hedgerow

ONE OF THE GREATEST.....LONG LEGGED MIDGETS
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thank you sir
Well put.
Your great-gran sounds a lot like Nancy, the Queen of our little tribe. Tolerates my immaturity with the grace only an angel can muster.

Yah I need to make a point of clarifying things with my associate. I’ve been off with injuries a while, and all my tree jobs he does, I’ve not taken a dime, until he lowballed me on a load I hauled and dumped for him, which made it clear he’ll take advantage of me to the extent I’m willing to allow. He’s the sole breadwinner for his young family, and I’m basically retired, so I err on the side of benefitting him, but it seems I’ve made myself a bit of a sap in so doing. I found out a splitter cyl is not supposed to leak at all, and that once it starts it’ll go south quick, so I’ll try to get DHT to send me another, and try to get a few bucks from my associate if he uses it again in the meantime. Friends don’t screw friends over, but nor should they allow it. He can get his own splitter next year if he wants to sell firewood. I’m happy to split enough for me and burn it.

Thank you gentlemen for listening and sharing your thoughts and guidance. It’s more important to me that I do the right thing than that I profit from every transaction. But that said, sticking up for oneself is far more noble than taking one in the you-know-where, so to speak.

I hope each of you is preparing for a glorious Thanksgiving. I’ll be smoking my first turkey this year, since I splurged on a Traeger this summer. Got it brining in Worcestershire, garlic and soy sauce, and I’m thinking apple pellets are the order of the day.

TL;DR

Locust Cutter

Air Force Redneck
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Thank you sir
Well put.

Let me know how you like the Trager... I've been looking at about 6 different brands, as I love my old manual fire pit smoker, when I have all day or night to drink beer and babysit the pit, fiddle-farting with the controls to moderate the temp (which is roughly 2-3 days a year, **IF** I'm lucky). Been looking at Trager, Rec-Tec, Green Mountain, Yoder and a few others. Money doesn't always mean quality, but a great deal on the front-end usually doesn't translate the same on the back-end. Either way I intend to buy something, but getting un-biased opinions on grills is like asking what's the best year Farm Boss for logging with...