High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

how about a Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX,+IA GTG thread?

teacherman

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
7:17 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I leave the tires flat on mine!
Now that's an idea. He and I do tree work together, and he does teach me the technique of that. However, I believe I can point out that I'd used this only two times prior to his borrowing it on four or five occasions, and he brought it back leaking, and that further if he wishes to tear stuff up, he's free to do that with his own stuff. He does not bother to maintain his own saws very well, either.

maulhead

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
6:17 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Fit all the boned out meat into 1 tub..
Maybe 40 lbs minus the 2 front shoulders..
Bet that little thing don’t weigh but 90 lbs..

But the meat is pretty excellent..

Very light colored.

3 years, this hedge has been sitting, cut, split, staked, in the hot, dry, CO sun.

Wow, is it throwing some heat.....

DSCN6250.JPG

maulhead

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Howdy gents.

Starting to get re-acclimated to being home. I missed Nancy and the kiddo so much, but Scotland was pretty good as well. My stepdad really needed me there to support and assist him, as he is somewhere around 200 yrs old, so it's a good thing I went. Just wish I could sleep better; it sucks being 5000 miles from home in a daze. They had a coffee there at the hotel better than anything I get around here. Brodie's is the name of it. They sent us home with four bags of it. Had 8 cups this morning...

Ran the splitter some the past couple days. My business associate borrowed it to try to turn this enormous pile of logs amassed over the year of tree work into firewood, but he ran it too hard and long on elm, and now it seeps by the wedge lever. Not much, but I wonder if I should let him use it for the rest of the logs. It was low on hydro fluid when I got it back, even though he went and got my spare bucket of it off the porch. Kind of pisses me off that he borrows my equipment but doesn't take care of it. It still seems to work fine, but it seems that this kind of thing will shorten its life significantly. I bought it to split my own firewood because I'm too old to do it by hand, not to be in the firewood business. It's a $1200 Dirty Hand 27 ton, not a $2500 Samson 50 ton. So, I have a dilemma. Thoughts and opinions welcomed. He wants to borrow it again to finish up, and at this stage in the business process it's the only option he can afford, and he is excellent in a tree and will teach me to be the same, which I appreciate. I may allow it this time, but next year he can find another option. I have zero interest in selling firewood with all the loading and stacking.

Hope your day is a good one!

Yeah what the other guy said, contact DHT.

My 28-ton DHT, is 4 years old. Well out of warranty. Few months ago, I got it out of the shed noticed the beam was wet, fluid was a little low, topped it off and split a few cords of wood, parked it back in shed, few weeks later, got it out again, beam again was wet, never leaks when using it, but when sitting for some reason it leaks.

I emailed DHT, they sent me a new cylinder, no charge.

I split about 85-90% elm with it. I have had it since Aug 2014, about 10 cords a year, first issue I have had with it.

teacherman

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If I understand you correctly, that leak does not sound normal. I would contact DHT, they may send you a new valve
I'll clean it up and use it tomorrow, and see how much is really coming out. There's a slight residue of fluid on the main ram as well, but nearly every piece of non-new hydraulic equipment I've seen has at least a slight bit of fluid on the moving parts, so it's hard for me to know what's "normal."

teacherman

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yeah what the other guy said, contact DHT.

My 28-ton DHT, is 4 years old. Well out of warranty. Few months ago, I got it out of the shed noticed the beam was wet, fluid was a little low, topped it off and split a few cords of wood, parked it back in shed, few weeks later, got it out again, beam again was wet, never leaks when using it, but when sitting for some reason it leaks.

I emailed DHT, they sent me a new cylinder, no charge.

I split about 85-90% elm with it. I have had it since Aug 2014, about 10 cords a year, first issue I have had with it.

Thanks for that. I got it early January of this year, so it should be under warranty yet. The valve with lever and detent knob seems to be listed as all one part number. I’ll contact them this week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hedgerow

ONE OF THE GREATEST.....LONG LEGGED MIDGETS
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
3 years, this hedge has been sitting, cut, split, staked, in the hot, dry, CO sun.

Wow, is it throwing some heat.....

View attachment 150859
I like to use it for overnight stuff..

It don’t throw more heat than your dry elm, but it’ll throw it way longer and leave a pile of coals..

teacherman

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Finally lit a fire. This is such a big stove that I don’t really know how to use it when it’s only cool outside. Trying it with the air inlet only partially open for a slower burn. Fortunately the furnace works, but I have to slip the damper back in over my homemade plenum for the fan to move air properly. The stove alone makes quite a good whole house gravity furnace, with the basement stairwell serving as cold air return.
b35aae66362998a455459bb4d81772c7.jpg

a1bfc19e8af46d26fe6e504ab0d463ee.jpg

ff3db45f093253ff616eda397203c1c5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

Workshop

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Evening everybody.
Had to get another transmission for Goldie's truck Thursday. Found a used one at the local yard and snapped it up. 5 speed manual. The one in it has gotten to where it was very difficult to shift after 15-20 miles. Dislocate your shoulder hard to shift . Got the truck into the shop in good order (after moving a ton of saws out of the way).
After an easy morning I went out and started gathering tools and stuff I figured we'd need to start . I told my son "we're not going to kill ourselves doing this". We had put a new clutch in it about 3 years ago, in the driveway, over labor day. All day, first day figure,g out how to drop it on the ground. ALL DAY!!
This time around, 2 hours to get driveshaft out, 2 cross members out and drop the exhaust. Tommorow we'll drop the tranny on the ground. Finish this job up after Thanksgiving.
To be clear, I've been saying "We".
20 years ago it was me under the truck with my son handing me tools. Now, he's 30 and makes a living doing this stuff for Ford. Now, I've been relegated to the job of gopher. He's under the truck and I gopher this tool and gopher that tool .
Don't know what it do without him.
:)

maulhead

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I like to use it for overnight stuff..

It don’t throw more heat than your dry elm, but it’ll throw it way longer and leave a pile of coals..

I've never figured out for sure what kind of elm I burn. I think, I have a mix of species of elm?

Some local farmers, say oh that's, siberian, or that's chinese, or that's american elm.

I can tell the difference in the heat it throws thou. Some of it burns really well, some not so much.

The bigger ones, like 30-48" trees burn very well. I don't think siberian or chinese gets that big?

The medium trees, like 12-18" don't throw as much heat.

Bark is a little different also, big vs medium...

countryhog

BTDT
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Howdy gents.

Starting to get re-acclimated to being home. I missed Nancy and the kiddo so much, but Scotland was pretty good as well. My stepdad really needed me there to support and assist him, as he is somewhere around 200 yrs old, so it's a good thing I went. Just wish I could sleep better; it sucks being 5000 miles from home in a daze. They had a coffee there at the hotel better than anything I get around here. Brodie's is the name of it. They sent us home with four bags of it. Had 8 cups this morning...

Ran the splitter some the past couple days. My business associate borrowed it to try to turn this enormous pile of logs amassed over the year of tree work into firewood, but he ran it too hard and long on elm, and now it seeps by the wedge lever. Not much, but I wonder if I should let him use it for the rest of the logs. It was low on hydro fluid when I got it back, even though he went and got my spare bucket of it off the porch. Kind of pisses me off that he borrows my equipment but doesn't take care of it. It still seems to work fine, but ikkt seems that this kind of thing will I shorten its life significantly. I bought it to split my own firewood because I'm too old to do it by hand, not to be in the firewood business. It's a $1200 Dirty Hand 27 ton, not a $2500 Samson 50 ton. So, I have a dilemma. Thoughts and opinions welcomed. He wants to borrow it again to finish up, and at this stage in the business process it's the only option he can afford, and he is excellent in a tree and will teach me to pollbe the same, which I appreciate. I may allow it this time, but next year he can find another option. I have zero interest in selling firewood with all the loading and stacking.

Hope your day is a good one!
You gotta talk to him bout it. Make him tell you why he didnt keep the reservoir full. How you know he ran it too hard and too long? Them things are built to be used. Im assuming he gets paid for tree work so you dont owe him. Prolly need to walk softly til hes educated you. Quite a quandry. You still gotta talk to him bout it. Is it a fast leak or a slow seep? May “let” him fix the seep before finishing his splitting. Then again are you sure its not a manufacturing issue? Also, all splitters leak somewhere. Still gotta keep the fluid full to dissipate the heat. Go forth and resolve this. Curios to know the resolution

Only the Tony

Hiding in the back of the class.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So do you only get a limit of two in Missouri?
Depends on where you are for firearm season. Brother has 6 tags to fill but he is in a CWD zone. Only one antlered for gun season. Archery says you can buy and fill any number of antlerless tags if I am reading it right.

Last edited: