High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

how about a Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX,+IA GTG thread?

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
4:37 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
A lot! Ones direct injected with electronic injection and the IDI isn’t is the simplest way of putting it

Thanks didn't know that. I thought the 7.3s were all the same.

WKEND LUMBERJAK

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It's time to rise and shine
3da35bef.jpg

Hedgerow

ONE OF THE GREATEST.....LONG LEGGED MIDGETS
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks didn't know that. I thought the 7.3s were all the same.
In bore and stroke yes I think.

But fundamentally different in the fact the powerstroke was designed around the fact they were gonna use a real amount of boost.
The IDI's were designed to run higher comp iirc due to the fact they were naturally aspirated. One cannot just slap a turbo on an IDI and call it a powerstroke, nor can you run much boost on the IDI without serious machine work.
Clear as mud?

Mike can probably get REAL specific as to spec differences.

MG2186

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
In bore and stroke yes I think.

But fundamentally different in the fact the powerstroke was designed around the fact they were gonna use a real amount of boost.
The IDI's were designed to run higher comp iirc due to the fact they were naturally aspirated. One cannot just slap a turbo on an IDI and call it a powerstroke, nor can you run much boost on the IDI without serious machine work.
Clear as mud?

Mike can probably get REAL specific as to spec differences.
They are 2 complete different engines. The 7.3 was a whole new design from the ground up. The IDI is actually a gas converted to a diesel similar to what GM did with the 5.7 only IH actually got it right compared to the 5.7/6.2 abomination

Hedgerow

ONE OF THE GREATEST.....LONG LEGGED MIDGETS
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The 3120 lives and now behaves quite nicely.
The OEM 272 coil seemed to bolt right in with just a tick of dressing of the coil arm.
It has a fixed high side jet carb.
Was wanting to over rev a little, but believe it or not, was close enough to right, a solid fattening of the low side brings it down just enough to get a burble at a more reasonable rpm.

Now runs and behaves just like an oversized 55 rancher... Lol.
Way oversized. And oils like the Exxon valdeze...

67L36Driver

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Polo Alto Kali area code is popular with the C’list scammers.[emoji848]. Another at 8:56.

Sent the first one 35 random pictures and a GFY. [emoji48][emoji48]

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Polo Alto Kali area code is popular with the C’list scammers.[emoji848]. Another at 8:56.

Sent the first one 35 random pictures and a GFY. [emoji48][emoji48]

I thought that area was full of tech heads that were against tree cutting lol.

teacherman

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So, in honor of the Queen’s birthday, a national holiday in these parts, we have excursed to points eastward. Currently in Bolivar MO, at a surprisingly good place called the Springfield Cafe, where they take very seriously the business of feeding people. The Queen informs me this is what hollandaise sauce is SUPPOSED to taste like. So noted. The place is filled with relatively large people enthusiastically setting about the business of happily eating themselves to death.

Hope your day is a good one!

Yesterday I did some silver maple storm damage removal, lot of tension contained in a limb stuck three feet in the ground from the fall. All resting on a wire fence belonging to the neighbor— only one wire nick that I’m aware of. I violated the WOT only edict so as to get close to the fence without nicking it’ so I cold bust it off by hand. Some of it was thicker than my 20” bar was long. Dang codominant trunk crappy tree. It all needs to come down; it’s all hazardous, and the limits of doing things for friends as a favor are staring me in the face.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So, in honor of the Queen’s birthday, a national holiday in these parts, we have excursed to points eastward. Currently in Bolivar MO, at a surprisingly good place called the Springfield Cafe, where they take very seriously the business of feeding people. The Queen informs me this is what hollandaise sauce is SUPPOSED to taste like. So noted. The place is filled with relatively large people enthusiastically setting about the business of happily eating themselves to death.

Hope your day is a good one!

Yesterday I did some silver maple storm damage removal, lot of tension contained in a limb stuck three feet in the ground from the fall. All resting on a wire fence belonging to the neighbor— only one wire nick that I’m aware of. I violated the WOT only edict so as to get close to the fence without nicking it’ so I cold bust it off by hand. Some of it was thicker than my 20” bar was long. Dang codominant trunk crappy tree. It all needs to come down; it’s all hazardous, and the limits of doing things for friends as a favor are staring me in the face.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Enjoy the day!

And as I heard one tree guy on here say, if my tools come out your money follows.