High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

how about a Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX,+IA GTG thread?

Workshop

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
1:45 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Last I looked the ice line was about 8 miles from us .
Getting close .

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My youngest employee told me my old field laptop is older than him. I purchased it new back in 1995. Back then I was happy it had a color display. He also did not know who Smokey and the Bandit was.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Wow that you got a young kid working and I'm not sure he is a human not knowing who the Bandit is.

teacherman

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Oh no what's wrong with the mothership?

Possibly the flux capacitor?
Or maybe the turbo encapulator?
:)

Well, a bit more significant than that. Those I can swap out in my sleep LOL. Heck I've even done a morphulus relay before. Obie wan kenobi II is my friend. (OBD-II)

I took the mother ship in a short while back to check on hard starting when warm, diagnosis was intake gasket causing a vacuum leak. Spark plugs recommended (100K plugs, car at 82K). OK. After that, it wouldn't start, so they had to open it up again. So I said why not do timing belt since they had it open, maybe they could make back some of the labor that way. Ticking sound when I got it back, went away, but then within 100 or so miles got a loud ticking at cold start, louder than a tappet, but not like a rod bearing. Took it in, they put a borescope to it and said there was bad scoring on a rear cylinder, and that they thought the ticking was a wrist pin that was shot. New used motor, they're covering the cost. 2006 Sienna, always dealer serviced, got it from my mother a few years ago when she replaced it. I was impressed that the dealer here swore to make it right, though it was inconvenient in the short term.

I got it back this morning, and it seems fine. Mobil 1, new antifreeze, they switched over the new parts they'd put on the other motor. No cost. Glad to be mobile once again. Good thing, because I have a slight chest cold and a stopped up ear, and I don't need to be out there trying to prove I'm tough and all that you-know-what.

Going to a chiropractor today, first time in years. My old chiro had a massive heart attack and died some years back, which was totally not authorized, by the way. I thought the world of old Dr. Dray, he was awesome. This new guy is really into designing exercises to correct problems, comes really highly recommended, and even my doctor likes him, and the MD-chiro war goes back nearly a century. I hope he can crack his way through some decades-old scoliosis and show me how to build a better core. I'm pretty healthy, relatively fit, but I've never been very strong, which I'll have to work on if I want to be rock climbing and running saws when I'm 80. The Primate is now four, and in ten years I'll need to be able to persuade him that adolescent rebellion, and iconoclasm for its own sake, are not nearly as cool as they may seem to him, if ye git mah drift. Right now he seems to be doing perfectly well, for which I'm internally and eternally grateful.

Hope your day is a good one.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well, a bit more significant than that. Those I can swap out in my sleep LOL. Heck I've even done a morphulus relay before. Obie wan kenobi II is my friend. (OBD-II)

I took the mother ship in a short while back to check on hard starting when warm, diagnosis was intake gasket causing a vacuum leak. Spark plugs recommended (100K plugs, car at 82K). OK. After that, it wouldn't start, so they had to open it up again. So I said why not do timing belt since they had it open, maybe they could make back some of the labor that way. Ticking sound when I got it back, went away, but then within 100 or so miles got a loud ticking at cold start, louder than a tappet, but not like a rod bearing. Took it in, they put a borescope to it and said there was bad scoring on a rear cylinder, and that they thought the ticking was a wrist pin that was shot. New used motor, they're covering the cost. 2006 Sienna, always dealer serviced, got it from my mother a few years ago when she replaced it. I was impressed that the dealer here swore to make it right, though it was inconvenient in the short term.

I got it back this morning, and it seems fine. Mobil 1, new antifreeze, they switched over the new parts they'd put on the other motor. No cost. Glad to be mobile once again. Good thing, because I have a slight chest cold and a stopped up ear, and I don't need to be out there trying to prove I'm tough and all that you-know-what.

Going to a chiropractor today, first time in years. My old chiro had a massive heart attack and died some years back, which was totally not authorized, by the way. I thought the world of old Dr. Dray, he was awesome. This new guy is really into designing exercises to correct problems, comes really highly recommended, and even my doctor likes him, and the MD-chiro war goes back nearly a century. I hope he can crack his way through some decades-old scoliosis and show me how to build a better core. I'm pretty healthy, relatively fit, but I've never been very strong, which I'll have to work on if I want to be rock climbing and running saws when I'm 80. The Primate is now four, and in ten years I'll need to be able to persuade him that adolescent rebellion, and iconoclasm for its own sake, are not nearly as cool as they may seem to him, if ye git mah drift. Right now he seems to be doing perfectly well, for which I'm internally and eternally grateful.

Hope your day is a good one.

Glad they fixed it. We have a 14 Seinna and LOVE it and I having been looking for another one on the cheap. Ill have to keep these thing in mind.

MG2186

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The original 392 was the predecessor to the 426. And then there was the 352 before that, among others .
392’s were the biggest of the the real Hemi’s as my buddy always said. He’s got one one in a 1977 power wagon and 3 or 4 more stashed a way. They sound nasty, more so than the 426’s

Digger's Dad

Saw-chologist
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That means spring right? Lawd I hope so! I'm frantically low on burnable wood to the point that I may have to buy a pickup load from one of the locals.

I've got some seasoned oak that really needs to get burned this year. Bring a trailer and my boys and I can load you up in short order. I'm in Alpena, Arkansas if you want to see how long the drive would take.

Workshop knows the way...

Locust Cutter

Air Force Redneck
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Wow that you got a young kid working and I'm not sure he is a human not knowing who the Bandit is.
I assume that he doesn't know about the Snow Man either? Well, move on over and we'll introduce'em to the boy!!!!

teacherman

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Glad they fixed it. We have a 14 Seinna and LOVE it and I having been looking for another one on the cheap. Ill have to keep these thing in mind.
Oh, man. So am I. It runs great now. I like it because everything stihl works on it, and it is big and comfortable. I put a receiver hitch on it, and some red air bags in the springs. It's kind of old school suspension wise, and has drums on the rear, but at this point I am no longer the mechanic on it, as this dealer treated me so well I told him they'd make back part of what it cost them by doing all the service on it from here on out. I have six Wayne the Train Hancock CDs in the player, so I usually feel better when I get where I'm going.

I did some math tutoring this evening for a friend's daughter. Man, this will be tough for her; it looks like I'll be spending a lot of time over there this spring. Felt good to be back at it, without all the crazy stuff that came along with my old job. Whew. Pray for kids today, they need it.