High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

how about a Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX,+IA GTG thread?

Workshop

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
6:55 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've been acquiring components to build a splitter this coming summer. Traded for a cat excavator cylinder last weekend. And think I'm gonna use a 3cyl Kubota diesel for the motor. What are you guys using to speed up the cycle time on your splitters?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
With that big an engine maybe about a 28 gpm 2 stage pump. But I'm no expert. I'm just quoting what I hear.
:)

Last edited:

Workshop

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
0116181808.jpg
Picked this little bugger up from Dustin a few weeks back. No ignition system except for the laminate core for the coil. And no carb. Sawnami was gracious enough to dig up a coil that fit the core. Dug through "the pile" and found a nova coil from diggersdad. Put the ignition together this evening and spun it with a drill. GOT SPARK!!!
Now I need a tillotson HL type carb.

plcnut

Jesus is LORD
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've been acquiring components to build a splitter this coming summer. Traded for a cat excavator cylinder last weekend. And think I'm gonna use a 3cyl Kubota diesel for the motor. What are you guys using to speed up the cycle time on your splitters?

Are you using manual valves, or electric?
If electric, then make a regeneration circuit to speed up the extend time under light loads. You will need a pressure switch though, which will up the price a little.

Fishnuts2

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Guys, it’s been cold up here too.
I found some of these in the snow today.......Poor ole monkeys!

85e13997cfdd110a33e2f4ea0f783256.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

moparnut88

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
7:55 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Are you using manual valves, or electric?
If electric, then make a regeneration circuit to speed up the extend time under light loads. You will need a pressure switch though, which will up the price a little.
Electric would be nice. I think I've got up to 40 gpm pumps laying around. What all does the regeneration valve require?

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
View attachment 107158
Picked this little bugger up from Dustin a few weeks back. No ignition system except for the laminate core for the coil. And no carb. Sawnami was gracious enough to dig up a coil that fit the core. Dug through "the pile" and found a nova coil from diggersdad. Put the ignition together this evening and spun it with a drill. GOT SPARK!!!
Now I need a tillotson HL type carb.

Whatha gonna do with that?

moparnut88

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ice cream maker?
That would be awesome!! :) I got the opportunity to run an old Johnny popper that drove 2 5gal ice cream makers for vbs one year at church. Super cool! :)

teacherman

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The infamous "Power Horse" rides again!

From the land of $100 "wood cutting" chainsaws, and Harbor Freight® tools, fresh from its conquest of eflay, comes that pinnacle of human engineering, none other than the mighty steed of imitation tool fame, the stupendous "Power Horse!"

When I was on the other forum some years back, the "Power Horse" chainsaws came out, and they went for very few dollars. I had quite a bit of sport whipping that horse on that forum. So, I guess the brand still exists.

https://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200674087_200674087

Douglas Ostrander

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Electric would be nice. I think I've got up to 40 gpm pumps laying around. What all does the regeneration valve require?

40 gpm may need a 4 cylinder diesel. You can do regeneration with a sequence valve and pilot to close valve. It will give you the best of both worlds. Power when needed and speed when load is under a adjustable psi setting. There are several ways to do regeneration. Google Sun Hydraulics Regeneration.

40 gpm at 2500 psi will need at least 58 horse power motor. 3000 psi needs 70 hp or it will stall the motor.

Workshop

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
40 gpm may need a 4 cylinder diesel. You can do regeneration with a sequence valve and pilot to close valve. It will give you the best of both worlds. Power when needed and speed when load is under a adjustable psi setting. There are several ways to do regeneration. Google Sun Hydraulics Regeneration.

40 gpm at 2500 psi will need at least 58 horse power motor. 3000 psi needs 70 hp or it will stall the motor.
Umm. Ok.
I got 4 cyl diesel.
Yep.
That's about it. Yep.
:aaaaa:
:risas3:

moparnut88

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

I've got a 4cyl all the way to a 6bt cummins! :) what did you end up with on ur splitter?

moparnut88

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

I've used sun hydraulics b4 on a couple of projects at work. They definitely known their stuff!