House Fire Fundraiser for @millerenterprise

leadfarmer

Hot Rod !!!
Local time
4:09 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good question Randy. @leadfarmer how do you want to do this?
I have no idea how to do something like this. I was speaking with Dave and he thought we should just friends and family him money on PayPal. Any thoughts ?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

p61 western

Ol Mudflap
GoldMember
Local time
1:09 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have no idea how to do something like this. I was speaking with Dave and he thought we should just friends and family him money on PayPal. Any thoughts ?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
I'm not much better than you at this stuff. Some has said we might get busted on paypal, but it would be nice to get him all of the money.

p61 western

Ol Mudflap
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Is there a way to do this and just make it look like he is selling a bunch of stuff? Maybe that way paypal has nothing to say about it, just a idea so we can get this rolling.

Duane(Pa)

It's the chain...
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm down with just kicking in the $ for someone in obvious need. Not like he's going to piss it away. I lost a car to a fire 40 some years ago, and the only thing I could salvage was a Craftsman 1/2" drive flex handle. If it's not a raffle, then I doubt it's against their rules, but I am guessing...

paragonbuilder

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@paragonbuilder
@malk315

Dan and Eric did one a while back for dans friend. Maybe they can shed some light on how do to it.

We did, Eric handled most of it, we went the PayPal route, and it worked out, but you never know.
After the time was up Eric bought raffle tickets and we assigned one for each number, then I picked them out of a pot. I think Jimmy did his with an online program.

Definitive Dave

Piss Rev Mafia Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
if we donate there and drop our screen name in the notes then whatever is donated can be decided pretty easily without mentioning it is a raffle
Dave

for those who haven't met him Curt is a righteous dude!!

I'll add a Stihl mount 20" Cannon Super bar and Oregon CL or LGX chain (your choice) shipping included in the USA and split it with you outside the USA

Frank bierce

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
if we donate there and drop our screen name in the notes then whatever is donated can be decided pretty easily without mentioning it is a raffle
Dave

for those who haven't met him Curt is a righteous dude!!

I'll add a Stihl mount 20" Cannon Super bar and Oregon CL or LGX chain (your choice) shipping included in the USA and split it with you outside the USA

Nice addition!

malk315

Running Saws for Therapy
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We did, Eric handled most of it, we went the PayPal route, and it worked out, but you never know.
After the time was up Eric bought raffle tickets and we assigned one for each number, then I picked them out of a pot. I think Jimmy did his with an online program.

Hey guys -- I used my paypal account and had everyone use friends and family and simply put screen name and forum (AS or OPE) in the notes and definitely avoid giving any indication to paypal that it is a raffle otherwise they may consider it gambling which is against their policy and as Randy says they could suspend your account if they figure out you are using it for a raffle. I think I had one person mention raffle and a couple of folks used regular payment instead of friends and family, but it all worked out. No problems from paypal.

I'm definitely in on this raffle and will see if I can find something good to donate!

Best of luck with the recovery from that fire!