High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Hotsaw competition April 20th & 21st 2018

Chainsaw Jim

Con Artist LLC
Local time
8:51 AM
User ID
Reaction score
it's very difficult to run with 3140s in small wood....In this video i took 4th against other bikesaws...A 3140 took 5th 3/10ths of a second behind me...ProblemI have is that I am slow to the wood
Do any of the bike saw competitors ever hold wot through all three cuts? It seems like something I've always noticed and I wonder if it's for the safety of the operator, engine, or just too hard to control?
I have future plans to build one with this 250cc piston ported intake motor I have acquired. I don't think I should start until I've learned all I can about safety.

spencerpaving

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
11:51 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
They are hard to control...I used to let off between cuts because I was...Scared....But a lot of the older racers kept telling me to hold it wfo because when you let off it puts a wave in the chain and the possibility of throwing a chain is higher....I have since learned to hold it wfo and haven't thrown a chain in a while and my cut times improved greatly....It takes a lot of mental practice to not let off because they are a lot to handle

Willard

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
10:51 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Down up down cuts I always hold my bike saw WOT. Never ever did I throw a chain. My YZ125 is not a 250 but it's putting in the neighborhood of 40 horse and alot lighter then a 250 bikesaw and just as hard to handle.

Up here at our small events since day one we made the rule of 3 cut all down. We had guys show up with 100 plus hp Snowmobile engines with .100 on the depth gauges and any up cut would have been a disaster.
Here's a pic of me with my 125 in the early 1980's. Right hand drive but chain rotating backwards. Talk about weird engine rotation inertia.
We sure didn't enforce PPE in those days Lol.
Cutting dry Doug fir mining timbers
20180213_090039.jpg

Willard

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Then in 1989 in my logging camp bunkhouse room closet, :DI converted the YZ125 to left hand drive with normal chain rotation. Fed by a 42mm Tilly HD with H&L screws.
As the pic shows today as it's sitting on my bench right now. I'm tearing it down and reversing the engine rotation and putting it right hand drive again. By the time I'm done it will be in the weight range of a 3120XP.
20180212_150901.jpg

Kensie1988

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Alright ladies and gentlemen, we are a month out and the guy over the festival stepped down, so I want to make some quick changes, I want to add a bike saw competition, is there any competitors in the southeast or midwest that would be interested in competing, if so how much are your regular competition entry fees and how much usually is the payout?

I really want to do this up and turn this into something big, all competitors will he fed on the day of the competition as well.

And anyone familiar with the insurance at these events, do bike saws add any more liability than a normal chainsaw

Willard

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Up here in Canada 35 years ago I built my 125cc bike saw to fit the hotsaw 140cc limit in the Canlog regulated shows .
Hot saw competitions call for protection screen or plexiglass screens. Liability insurance should be up to the show or festival committee.

Take a gander here through Canlogs site. You can download their rules and regulations too.

www.Canlog.com

Last edited:

Kensie1988

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Up here in Canada 35 years ago I built my 125cc bike saw to fit the hotsaw 140cc limit in the Canlog regulated shows .
Hot saw competitions call for protection screen or plexiglass screens. Liability insurance should be up to the show or festival committee.

Take a gander here through Canlogs site. You can download their rules and regulations too.

Canlog.com
Im pretty sure we have the required insurance, we will just have to find us some plexiglass barriers for the competitors to cut behind

Willard

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Make you have a entry form with waiver included for each competitor to sign.
I've used this form for 20 years and never had a problem.
Your best to get a law firm to make a similiar one up for your locality .
20180315_133721.jpg

Kensie1988

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Well this past weekend was a success, everyone enjoyed the unlimited saw class. Jason Lentz really knows how to handle one of those monsters, though I dont think anyone of them were quite brave enough to hold them wide open through both cuts, I cant say I would either cause Ive never run one lol.

I will be posting some videos on youtube later and I will also post the times on here. Mr. Joe dominated and Mr. Wayne was right on his heels, and Mr Mel wasnt far behind either.
We had the 3 cube, 4 cube, and 5 cube stock appearing, the Super Modified, and last the Unlimited.