High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

hope everyones monday is going better than mine

fordf150

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
6:21 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Been having phone and internet issues for the last couple weeks, today was the day to get them fixed. Spectrum(formerly Time Warner Cable) finally showed up today to to diagnose my issues. A couple hours of dinking around and they decided my modem was bad and they went ahead and replaced the phone modem as well since it was 5 yrs old. Checked the lines and replaced a couple phone lines. Got a semi working fax machine again so thats good. Now on to the bad, replacing all that killed my network, couldnt log into quickbooks from the other computer or print from either one. So after a couple hours i did what any rational person would do.....deleted everything and started from scratch. I managed to get the network up and going again for the computers but still working on getting a printer online again. Now on to the important stuff......first thing this morning we get a truck dropped off from the used car lot we work on stuff for....truck was sold 2 1/2 years ago but is buy here/pay here and the guy is buried in it.....cousin agreed to fix it for him since it is his only vehicle and he cant afford to trade it in on something else....I think my cousin is tooo nice at times because this is going to get expensive, we were told its just a crack on the drivers side frame rail....weld it up/patch it, whatever it takes.

AS 004.jpg

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
12:21 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sorry to hear about Your network issues, can't be good having phone and internet problems while running a business!

Here in Croatia a truck damaged like that would get fixed up by whatever means, in Germany it would be called a total and parted out and/or crushed.
Any ideas of cause of damage, misuse, overloaded, rust?
I can't imagine something like that happening without cause.

My "Like" is not meant particularly for the content of Your post.

Edit/P.S:
My Monday was good.

fordf150

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
frame is 2 piece riveted together just behind the cab. right at the joint it jsut rusted out and broke......total and complete lack of maintenance might have been a factor. As is typical of the majority of the buy here/pay here crowd this guy has just run it till it wouldnt go anymore. ball joints ready to fall apart, broken sway bar links, window held up with tape, interior is trashed, mostly bald tires, wheel bearing so bad the tire is ready to leave the vehicle.

Cut4fun

Redneck Chainsaw Repair
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Dont know chit about puters and networking stuff here. Even though another has claimed otherwise before. What a DA LOL. o_O:confused::risas3:

So good luck with that stuff. :cool:

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
12:21 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
frame is 2 piece riveted together just behind the cab. right at the joint it jsut rusted out and broke......total and complete lack of maintenance might have been a factor. As is typical of the majority of the buy here/pay here crowd this guy has just run it till it wouldnt go anymore. ball joints ready to fall apart, broken sway bar links, window held up with tape, interior is trashed, mostly bald tires, wheel bearing so bad the tire is ready to leave the vehicle.

Thought something like that ...

goodnight.gif

fordf150

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
all my puter stuff is working again.

Just got my update on the truck, new rear frame section will be here wednesday afternoon. blow the rivets out and replace the frame from the cab back. Hopefully it comes as a complete frame section instead of stripped bare

S Sidwell

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
And I thought a $100,000.00 Vette with 2 miles on it, crashed buy new owner with $30,000.00 worth of frame and body damage was bad, frame made out of carbon fiber. [emoji24]

Steve

Last edited:

fordf150

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
And I thought a $100,000.00 Vette with 2 miles on it, crashed buy new owner with $30,000.00 worth of frame and body damage was bad, frame made out of carbon fiber. [emoji24]

Steve

That sounds fun. At least that is new and clean. Everything will come right apart.

How do you repair a carbon fiber frame?

S Sidwell

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Was sent out to a shop for repair, we don't do body repair or frame work.

Steve

S Sidwell

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
66d641335aadd9c553aa1e6e624983e2.jpg

Sad for sore eyes.

Steve

Simondo

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
11:21 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Been having phone and internet issues for the last couple weeks, today was the day to get them fixed. Spectrum(formerly Time Warner Cable) finally showed up today to to diagnose my issues. A couple hours of dinking around and they decided my modem was bad and they went ahead and replaced the phone modem as well since it was 5 yrs old. Checked the lines and replaced a couple phone lines. Got a semi working fax machine again so thats good. Now on to the bad, replacing all that killed my network, couldnt log into quickbooks from the other computer or print from either one. So after a couple hours i did what any rational person would do.....deleted everything and started from scratch. I managed to get the network up and going again for the computers but still working on getting a printer online again. Now on to the important stuff......first thing this morning we get a truck dropped off from the used car lot we work on stuff for....truck was sold 2 1/2 years ago but is buy here/pay here and the guy is buried in it.....cousin agreed to fix it for him since it is his only vehicle and he cant afford to trade it in on something else....I think my cousin is tooo nice at times because this is going to get expensive, we were told its just a crack on the drivers side frame rail....weld it up/patch it, whatever it takes.

View attachment 59212
Have you heard about Nissans little bit of trouble !! I have seen a few myself .
Screen Shot 2017-03-07 at 15.25.39.png

fordf150

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Have you heard about Nissans little bit of trouble !! I have seen a few myself .
View attachment 59318
seen a few pics posted here...maybe you....we dont have that truck in the states that i know of.....frontier and titan.

the ones i am surprised havent surfaced in news reports and consumer complaints is the newer dodge/chrysler/jeep front wheel drive cars/suv's and the chevy trailblazers. those are the ones that usually scare us. nothing like doing a service/safety check on a 2012 with 60k on the odometer and finding the subframe rotted in half or a control arm mount rusted almost completely off the frame.

this truck we are working on has a good frame in front and back, its the joint where they put the 2 halves together that rusted thin and eventually broke.

Simondo

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
11:21 PM
User ID
Reaction score
seen a few pics posted here...maybe you....we dont have that truck in the states that i know of.....frontier and titan.

the ones i am surprised havent surfaced in news reports and consumer complaints is the newer dodge/chrysler/jeep front wheel drive cars/suv's and the chevy trailblazers. those are the ones that usually scare us. nothing like doing a service/safety check on a 2012 with 60k on the odometer and finding the subframe rotted in half or a control arm mount rusted almost completely off the frame.

this truck we are working on has a good frame in front and back, its the joint where they put the 2 halves together that rusted thin and eventually broke.
Not posted anything on the brake back situation till now....this is a new thing over here as pick up trucks from all makers don't have this weakness normally. The Navara is a "very" popular truck in Europe ....or Was !

Four Paws

Chrome won't get you home
Local time
4:21 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Wow Nate, what a mess!

fordf150

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I didnt get pictures of the completed project but its back together and back to its owner. Overall pretty easy job other than dealing with every bolt being rusted and the frame repair extending to replacing the muffler, brake lines, brake hose, shackles, fuel line, and patching a small hole in the front section of the frame. We even scraped the frame and shot some undercoating on it while the bed was off. Yesterday and today were pretty productive for the big projects we got suckered into doing....frame job is done, had an 05 ford 3 valve 5.4 in that we did timing chains/guides/phasers on and replaced a cat converter.

Only big project we have left to get done before the spring rush really sets in is swapping trannies on my pickup...took me 5 years but i finally found a dirt cheap 7.3 superduty with a 6 speed parts truck so i can swap the trans into my truck and get rid of the automatic.

G

Greenerpastures

Steve
Good grief, that is one expensive fix, could by a truck for
the price of that repair, jsut not a carbon one.

G

Greenerpastures

Its strange that seems to have broke on the top first, considering
the bottom is the tension side, looks like something that was jacked
up in the wrong place with a load on it, quite a mess.
People have bent chassis like this in the past to get insurance on old crocks
over here, they used to put them under railway bridges and use a few hydraulic
jacks to bend them DOWN to make it look like they broke under load.

Last edited by a moderator: