High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Homelite WIZ - full restore/rebuild

TJ the Chainsaw Mechanic

Old Homelites rule!
Local time
8:06 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Back at it tonight and hopefully finished tomorrow......SO....
Kicked the evening off with blasting and painting the cylinder. This saw will not be used to cut wood and may not even be gassed so no worries about overheating or anything.
001.JPG 002.JPG
Next three picture show the rather tedious process of installing the piston. Grease is the savior with these needle type rod bearings. lol
003.JPG 004.JPG 005.JPG

TJ the Chainsaw Mechanic

Old Homelites rule!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Installed the coil assembly with a set of good used points from another saw. Gap set and we have spark turning the flywheel by hand. Got a new stop switch installed to and installed the starter housing. Gotta take a break for awhile today as I'm doing some family stuff. Hopefully more updates tonight. New spark plug to. haha 006.JPG 008.JPG

oologahan

Super OPE Member
Local time
10:06 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
From info I've read cylinders aren't really supposed to be painted on air cooled engines, they say it interferes with cooling. I don't think Hi Heat matters either. I guess if you don't plan on working it much it wont matter though. Good luck.
EDIT: I googled it and apparently if you use a good Hi Heat paint it won't affect the cooling much, but most regular paints will bubble off.

TJ the Chainsaw Mechanic

Old Homelites rule!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
From info I've read cylinders aren't really supposed to be painted on air cooled engines, they say it interferes with cooling. I don't think Hi Heat matters either. I guess if you don't plan on working it much it wont matter though. Good luck.
EDIT: I googled it and apparently if you use a good Hi Heat paint it won't affect the cooling much, but most regular paints will bubble off.
Yeah, I used a regular paint but I'm pretty set on not running this as it's coming out to darn nice. haha

TJ the Chainsaw Mechanic

Old Homelites rule!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
ALMOST there lol Just need to hook up the fuel line assembly, decide weather I'm gonna stick with 1/2 inch or convert to .404, and install decals when they show up and it's complete. Came out better than expected. Have to get a new bottle of aluminum/chrome polish so I can go over that handle again. Oh yeah, and get a bar. Thinking anything from 32-39 pending on chain size. 010.JPG 011.JPG 013.JPG

oologahan

Super OPE Member
Local time
10:06 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Another Awesome job TJ, you might look into that two part epoxy clear in the spray can, its expensive, but it is impervious to gas and oil