High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

HOMELITE Homelite Thread

Kozak Logging

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
4:57 AM
User ID
Reaction score
The homelite wiz... Not sure if its a 55, 66 or a 80/90 model. Thats the only killer I wanted to know. Has the hl46B carb. Ordered a hkl-88 carb kit I think it was. It will run if you pour gas down the cylinder but won't run off fuel tank. I took apart the carb and need and seat are clean. all the passages blew thru with carb and choke cleaner. Jets are clean...I'm pretty sure its just a stiff fuel pump diagpram gasket causing it. I noticed the 600D and model 17 have what looks like the same carbs as each other but is different than the wiz. The one has a brass fuel line and the other has a rubber hose thats cracked. Going to try to redo the fuel line and filters on the other two tonight and see if they fire, but I would guess they will need carb kits too.

Lee H

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
2:57 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This one arrived yesterday. A nice Homelite Super 2000. I have a couple regular 2000's
but have been on the search for a super for quite awhile. This one is pretty nice but the
original filter cover was missing. Everything else is intact. And it runs. has a nice 36 inch
roller nose bar and 404 chain.

Lee

fossil

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
5:57 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This one arrived yesterday. A nice Homelite Super 2000. I have a couple regular 2000's
but have been on the search for a super for quite awhile. This one is pretty nice but the
original filter cover was missing. Everything else is intact. And it runs. has a nice 36 inch

Lee

Very nice. Did you get that stick shift together?

bikemike

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score

Lee

I love those old roller nose bars

Lee H

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Very nice. Did you get that stick shift together?

No, Not yet, You believe one bearing is holding me up.
Its a bearing that's proprietary to Homelite and i have
tried everyone i can think of to find one. And it was used
on many saws including all the wiz and super wiz's.

Lee

heimannm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Kozak - those old beasts were notorious for the fuel lines rotting off inside the tank. Take a look there sometime.

Mark

Kozak Logging

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Kozak - those old beasts were notorious for the fuel lines rotting off inside the tank. Take a look there sometime.

Mark
Will do. I got one running the other day, but have to keep choking it. I think it also needs a carb kit. I ordered 3 carb kits... the 55 wiz, 600D and Model 17

Kozak Logging

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
So I got my 600D running pretty well. If I let it sit and idle... about 2 minutes of idling then it dies. It won't start back up right away, even with the choke and throttle set. If I wait about 20 mins it will fire up one pull. I checked today and its not vapor locked. I can choke it and pull it ten times and nothing...... I pulled the plug and its stone dry... If I let it idle about 1 minute and hit the gas its loaded up with fuel. If I turn my low speed down then when I hit the gas to open it up it will bog. So I would like some opinions on what would be causing this. I can't lean the low speed anymore or it bogs. The high speed is set perfect. I did adjust the fuel metering lever the other day but I don't know if that would cause this?

Also it has the HL46B carb. I got the rk88 carb kit, but i noticed my needle is the flat top style where lever bumps flush on top of needle, and the kit comes with the fuel meter than hooks into the groove on the needle. My question is. It I do a full swap of new needle and seat, will that grooved fork lever work? I did notice the fuel meter lever was a little shorter than the one thats in the carb.

Honest John

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Bought this for twenty bucks at my local pawn shop. The muffler was butchered, somebody had attempted a repair and it no longer lined up with its bolt holes. I searched and searched and thanks to an alert from another member here, I bought another one from the bay that works great. image.jpegPretty impressed with this saw. Reminds me of my 944 a little bit. Eventually this will get a longer bar but for now this 20" will do just fine.

fossil

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So I got my 600D running pretty well. If I let it sit and idle... about 2 minutes of idling then it dies. It won't start back up right away, even with the choke and throttle set. If I wait about 20 mins it will fire up one pull. I checked today and its not vapor locked. I can choke it and pull it ten times and nothing...... I pulled the plug and its stone dry... If I let it idle about 1 minute and hit the gas its loaded up with fuel. If I turn my low speed down then when I hit the gas to open it up it will bog. So I would like some opinions on what would be causing this. I can't lean the low speed anymore or it bogs. The high speed is set perfect. I did adjust the fuel metering lever the other day but I don't know if that would cause this?

Also it has the HL46B carb. I got the rk88 carb kit, but i noticed my needle is the flat top style where lever bumps flush on top of needle, and the kit comes with the fuel meter than hooks into the groove on the needle. My question is. It I do a full swap of new needle and seat, will that grooved fork lever work? I did notice the fuel meter lever was a little shorter than the one thats in the carb.

Have you checked for spark right after it dies? Sometimes the coil fails when they get hot. Try another spark plug as well, just in case.

HL manual may help.
http://www.eccarburetors.com/pdf/HL service manual.pdf
http://www.tillotson.ie/docs/techinfo_HL_US.pdf

fossil

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think I read elsewhere that it was a money saver. A kit could be bought to install the manual oiler.

I have a Super XL manual oiler only. It sold for a worthy few bucks lower than the auto model.

Kozak Logging

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
When I had the metering level set to the floor, it wouldn't start period... Unless i put gas directly in cylinder. I have the needle raised up 3/16" off the floor and it starts and runs and sometimes dies randomly, i can choke it and pull it and nothing.... I pulled the plug figuring it must fowled the plug but the plug is bone dry... So I'm thinking its a fuel problem.

Hoggwood

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Friday is noodles night.

The bin of firestarter was getting low. That, and I am always looking for a reason to fire up a Homelite after work. These little numbers really pull well once you get the carburetors dialed in. The HDC's are temperamental if they are even a tad rich on the L side it seems. They pull like they belong in the next weight class when all is right, though. No frills or gimmicks on these Canadian Terry issues. No decomp or manual oiler. You can see the boss for the decomp in the cylinder. Homelite XL-1 Noodles.jpg

Wagnerwerks

I have yet to "suffer" from CAD
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Hey guys. My local has an old homie I might buy on Monday. It looks like an xl-925 maybe. It has the decal in the same spot, but it's worn off almost completely and unreadable. What other saws look similar that are around that size? Any thoughts on what I should pay? It's one of those.... It might even start! Saws:).

I know the rear handle half that bolts on is cracked. I was thinking even for a mill saw it might be worth the chance.

I'm thinking of offering 25 bucks. What's a runner 925 worth?