HOMELITE Homelite Thread

Pioneer

Old Saw
Local time
11:20 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
C71, Looking for any information, value, problems?
I seen one yesterday, looks not too bad, looks like original bar and chain, not stuck. appears It never had a lot of use.

lehman live edge slab

Live Action
Local time
1:20 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
80 ish cc newer version of a c7 I have two c5’s that have just the slotted plate for a muffler real loud. The c5’s had some issues with the plug wire going bad but mine I just screwed an automotive plug wire in and silicones around the coil opening with high temp rtv. Other than that they are a low rpm high torque saw personally never run a c7 but the c5’s isn’t far off cc wise 77cc instead of 80 then they had the c9 that’s bigger yet.

how57

It’s a city! Not a smoke!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Looking sell this. I was going to list it in the parts section but wasn’t sure if it belonged there. I have some of the tools. Wish I had the whole set to fill the caddy. Needs to go to a true Homelite guy. Any help would be greatly appreciated.8263472E-41BE-4D3C-A7D1-D21E2E6CC7E1.jpegEC072107-F763-4A31-9FB2-6FA6A3CE81BE.jpeg

msellers

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That is awesome. I am sure one of the guys here would love this. I just simply don't have room for it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

countryhog

BTDT
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Got a super 2. Good shape. Tore it down to replace fuel and oil lines. Unfortunately some of the lines came off while removing the engine from case. Anyone got any info to aid in proper routing of the lines?

Also, the ipl and sm i have shows a primer bulb in the top handle on the pto side. Mine, even though has a label referring to a primer, has a “switch” going from 1-4. That switch has 2 ports for lines going to engine compartment. What gives?

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
2:20 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Most likely I have the manual that covers the super 2 as well as the IPL .Give me a day or so to find a pic of the routing if I can find it .I'm kind of slow these days for some reason .I think they call that retired :)

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm kind of up to my behind in alligators ,busy as a cat in a litter box so to speak .Lots to do and I've got more behind me than I have ahead of me as far as time .If I don't get it all done somebody will take the reins .I'm sure of that .

PogoInTheWoods

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Also, the ipl and sm i have shows a primer bulb in the top handle on the pto side. Mine, even though has a label referring to a primer, has a “switch” going from 1-4. That switch has 2 ports for lines going to engine compartment. What gives?

That switch is for adjusting the oil flow. There a few oiler variants on those saws so the UT number may come it handy for the correct line routing on the one you have. Almost sounds more like a 180 than a Super 2.

And I always enjoy the opportunity to help 'clarify' how those oil lines are supposed to go. LOL

Homie 180 Oiler.jpg

countryhog

BTDT
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That switch is for adjusting the oil flow. There a few oiler variants on those saws so the UT number may come it handy for the correct line routing on the one you have. Almost sounds more like a 180 than a Super 2.

And I always enjoy the opportunity to help 'clarify' how those oil lines are supposed to go. LOL

Ill try to get the ut number tomorrow; the tag is almost wiped out. Do you happen to have some verbage to go with the illustration?
Edit: the UT is 105970

Last edited:

PogoInTheWoods

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ill try to get the ut number tomorrow; the tag is almost wiped out. Do you happen to have some verbage to go with the illustration?
Edit: the UT is 105970

Verbiage to go with he illustration? You mean like #@$%^&*&!!!? LOL

That UT seems to have an extra number and none of my Super 2 IPL's show an oiler adjustment knob in the primer bulb spot. That said, the 180 IPL does, so here's an illustration of what you probably have for line routing to accommodate the switch. And if there's a primer bulb in the fuel cap itself, you may indeed have a 180. Others may be able to offer additional clarification.

If this doesn't help, I just took in a 180 that'll need to come apart to fix the throttle linkage and can snap a pic or two for you.

Untitled.jpg

countryhog

BTDT
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks pog. All the markings say super 2. Doesn't have a primer on fuel cap but does have a tag by fuel cap indicating maybe theres sposed to be one. Who knows? Not like homelite ever made changes on the fly.

Last edited:

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That's better than I could come up with .I've got two giant books, one covers saws and a another one has generators ,pumps .air compressors etc .I found basically three models of the super 2 but none showed a primer bulb carb or the line routing . I do have a double trigger model in the shed that does run although it's a shelf queen .If it shows anything I'll snap a picture .

Dream

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ive got a super 2 in an XL2 casing. Magnesium case, so no primer bulb. The XLs and one Super 2 that I havent fiddled with yet all either dont have a primer, or its on the pto side near the top handle. Sorry, no help from here, but I do have an IPL that might cover it. I'll have to look it up tomorrow.
Geez, I thought mine had a ton of lines. The variable oiler output thing looks like a ball of wadded up yarn....

Dream

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ok, curiosity got the best of me. Checked both of my hard copy Super2 IPLs. Nothing in there for your system. Sorry.

Dream

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I did pick up this cutie pie yesterday though. Nephew gifted it to me. Me found it at a yard sale for $10 about 6 months ago. Put gas in it and it ran. He used it about 6 months. Apperntly wrecked the bar and had his shop guy fit a Shinny bar to it. Looks like there might be an oiler problem. Didnt think to ask if he still had the other bar.
If you ask me, Homelite had the "pretty" saw thing down to an art in the late 60s thru the 70s, maybe even 80s. Havent checked the serial number yet. Just got it home.0923192142a_HDR.jpg 0923192142_HDR.jpg 0923192141_HDR.jpg