ranchdadmike

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
7:17 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
ac2dae39dd0d880fb06b93407c563298.jpg

New to me XL-98. Anyone know any info on this thing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've got a C5 myself and have yet to do anything with it .I'm not even sure where it's at at the moment .Not a big deal for me because I've recently misplaced a Stihl 034 super .Absent minded or the chainsaw bandit struck in the middle of the night .I'd bet the former .

mels

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hey Al if you wanna misplace anything else, I've got family in BG who'll take it off your hands and ship it out to me :)

tickbitintn

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
6:17 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So i have this EZ I worked on a while back for a customer... check valve was bad in the carb, replaced and all was good....
He let it sit for at least 6 months and then let a "friend" clean the carb.... Idled fine but pig rich trying to rev up... went back in the carb and the meter lever looks like it was hit by a train and the diaphrams were all crap...
I installed a kit but the lever and spring are just not functioning correctly...

All that being said... anyone have a spare lever and spring or a carb that they are willing to part with....
Have green paper or PP or ????

KYsawman

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
So i have this EZ I worked on a while back for a customer... check valve was bad in the carb, replaced and all was good....
He let it sit for at least 6 months and then let a "friend" clean the carb.... Idled fine but pig rich trying to rev up... went back in the carb and the meter lever looks like it was hit by a train and the diaphrams were all crap...
I installed a kit but the lever and spring are just not functioning correctly...

All that being said... anyone have a spare lever and spring or a carb that they are willing to part with....
Let me look tonight I think I a carb off a 350 Homelite that has the same metering lever etc.

KYsawman

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score

Is it a Walbro HDC?

chainsawlady

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score

Homelite had many different carburetors on there saws. In order to get the correct lever and spring I would need the HDC number on the carburetor. I had a lot of parts for Walbro carbs, but need more information to check for the correct lever and spring.
chainsawlady

tickbitintn

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Homelite had many different carburetors on there saws. In order to get the correct lever and spring I would need the HDC number on the carburetor. I had a lot of parts for Walbro carbs, but need more information to check for the correct lever and spring.
chainsawlady
I didn't know there were different carbs on those.... May be a bit until I can get the numbers off the carb...
Thanks for the info.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

KYsawman

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score

I have one off a 350 it is in decent shape PM me your address and it yours for the shipping.

breese

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Here are the IPL's for the 350 Homelites

Attachments

• homelite_350-p_chainsaw_ipl_122506.pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 4
  • homelite_350_chainsaw_ipl_24820_revision_1_2.pdf
    4.2 MB · Views: 18
  • homelite_350_chainsaw_ipl_24820_2.pdf
    6.3 MB · Views: 5

tickbitintn

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ok I got some pics of the carb...
HDC 4. Looks like 7/73 (production date?)
2 21-109
Then on the intake side 2 5-458

1cf17b5c82108e81a4764ef9c0cc5e32.jpg
39c723544636cacad8d72ebcca19270a.jpg
b5b65184657390a43a26b90b4ac51d07.jpg

@chainsawlady

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Last edited: