Homelite Chainsaw

flh69

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
10:30 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have an old Homelite 150 Automatic chainsaw that I bought new years ago. Would anyone have a service manual for this?

oologahan

Super OPE Member
Local time
9:30 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have an old Homelite 150 Automatic chainsaw that I bought new years ago. Would anyone have a service manual for this?
They made the model 150 in different versions, the older blue one and the latter red one do have differences as do the manuals. If you can state the color even without a serial number it would give you a better chance of getting the right manual. Also with Homelites like other saws, there were revisions made and different manuals for those later revisions. The very first year the blue Homelite 150 had a screw at the front of the drive case to adjust the oiler, later models did not have that feature.

flh69

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
They made the model 150 in different versions, the older blue one and the latter red one do have differences as do the manuals. If you can state the color even without a serial number it would give you a better chance of getting the right manual. Also with Homelites like other saws, there were revisions made and different manuals for those later revisions. The very first year the blue Homelite 150 had a screw at the front of the drive case to adjust the oiler, later models did not have that feature.
It is a red one. I bought it about 1978

oologahan

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It is a red one. I bought it about 1978
Did you get the right manual revision for your saw. This is the 1979 revision, there is one earlier as well. Their were 4 or 5 different manual revisions

Attachments

• Homelite_150_chainsaw_ipl_17368_1979_2.pdf
    5.1 MB · Views: 12

oologahan

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

flh69

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Yep, the manual I posted has Leon's watermark. Homelite dates after 1973 can be decoded to tell the date of manufacture and that helps with getting the right manual. Using the date in the serial number he should be able to download the correct manual
Thanks for the replies. I'm sure I can find the info I need with the manuals that has been provided.