High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Homelite 990G Restore- Big A$$ saw

TJ the Chainsaw Mechanic

Old Homelites rule!
Local time
2:39 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Well this was a great ending to an evening! She's ready to fire and just needs fluids. Really hoping I can find some 1/2 pitch chain as I love that bar with the helper handle. Completes the look. But if I can't I'll be getting the 60inch cannon bar and convert to .404. Gonna let the saw sit awhile so the paint will cure up real good before the first fire. Will also let me catch up on videos for my youtube channel. haha Pictures for ya!
001.JPG 002.JPG 003.JPG 004.JPG

TJ the Chainsaw Mechanic

Old Homelites rule!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
It always cracked me up with saws around that time period having paint oversprayed all over everything. This one has such detail and the clean colors. Very nicely done. Thank you for sharing the journey with us.
I noticed that when taking some of these apart. Briggs and stratton is Terrible with that. Thanks! It's been a great journey. I do have to pull the carb and put a different needle and seat in as it's not holding pressure....and still looking for 1/2 pitch chain. But other than that she's ready to run. Just letting the clear harden up real good before it gets gassed.

KYsawman

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
5:39 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I noticed that when taking some of these apart. Briggs and stratton is Terrible with that. Thanks! It's been a great journey. I do have to pull the carb and put a different needle and seat in as it's not holding pressure....and still looking for 1/2 pitch chain. But other than that she's ready to run. Just letting the clear harden up real good before it gets gassed.
I have a 20” loop of 1/2 if it would help, you would be half way there lol!

sawfun

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If your patient you can find new 1/2 chipper for around $1.00 per link, sometimes less. Good luck finding chisel though. If you were closer or we met at Bob's in Springfield I could take the 58" bar and chain off of my 900g for you to try. I'd also consider 9/16" if you can find it.

TJ the Chainsaw Mechanic

Old Homelites rule!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
If your patient you can find new 1/2 chipper for around $1.00 per link, sometimes less. Good luck finding chisel though. If you were closer or we met at Bob's in Springfield I could take the 58" bar and chain off of my 900g for you to try. I'd also consider 9/16" if you can find it.
Now that you mention 9/16 I think that sprocket may be. Would 3/4 be a long shot? lol Stuff is HUGE from the pictures I've seen.

sawfun

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think 3/4 would be pretty optimistic, but 5/8 would work as I had one come that way but with a 30" bar, prolly max length with that big chain. Most 3/4 is pretty wide kerf and even the mighty Titan twins have to work hard pulling it.

TJ the Chainsaw Mechanic

Old Homelites rule!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I think 3/4 would be pretty optimistic, but 5/8 would work as I had one come that way but with a 30" bar, prolly max length with that big chain. Most 3/4 is pretty wide kerf and even the mighty Titan twins have to work hard pulling it.
Good to know, well I'll keep an eye out for 1/2 or 9/16 then. May get the .404 bar, chain, & sprocket for now so I can cut with the saw and when I find the bigger chain I'll change it back over. Be interesting to see if it cuts faster with the bigger teeth.