High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Homelite 770 GS Restoration

SawSeeker

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
2:17 AM
User ID
Reaction score
She lives!!! Holds a tune nicely as well. Needle seems to be bypassing just a tad, but it holds an idle no problem. Will have some footage soon. Brake and shifter work as well. Excited to get a bar on this thing...just gonna have to convince myself to cut with it. haha Just have to put the a/f and cover on and also the spike. Starter cover needs some dents hammered out and one of the clips replaced. View attachment 99625 View attachment 99626
Great job man!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Lee H

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
11:17 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nice job TJ, Always great to see a vintage saw back to life. Sounds pretty good.
On the recoil, There are shims between the recoil pulley and starter hub. If it
is to tight the pulley will drag. You may have to add a shim. Just a thought.

TJ the Chainsaw Mechanic

Old Homelites rule!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Nice job TJ, Always great to see a vintage saw back to life. Sounds pretty good.
On the recoil, There are shims between the recoil pulley and starter hub. If it
is to tight the pulley will drag. You may have to add a shim. Just a thought.
Thanks Lee! I figured out the issues with the recoil....somehow I totally forgot to pop the cover off and check the spring....needless to say the spring was broken and packed with saw dust from half a century ago. Cleaned it out and put a spare spring in there....pull starts with ease now! Drr lol I can't believe myself sometimes. haha

TJ the Chainsaw Mechanic

Old Homelites rule!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Well the victory was short lived..... c-clip popped out leaving me heart broken. lol Ah well....new piston and c-clips are here already. Just waiting on a guy to get me a shipping quote on a 775 parts saw. Hoping to get this beast back together soon and put this 42" bar on there! 002.JPG 003.JPG 004.JPG

Lee H

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
eeeeyouch, That sucks. I always double and triple check them
wrist pin clips.

afleetcommand

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Awesome thread and build. Sorry for the misshap! Don't let it go though. Try Bob's lawnmower Engine Repair in Maryland NY as chances are he has NOS top end parts for that saw.

( Still kicking myself for letting one go away..went to PA , down near Allentown to someone who was teaching a course on small engine repair....but somehow lost that job. The saw? Think it was tossed into the trash..:( As it disappeared when I tried to find out its fate.)

afleetcommand

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Also...can measure the piston or even possible get a part number for one. I just might have one left.