Best Buy Co, Inc. Buy Used Saws CCC Ebay Store HLSupply Daily Deals

Holzfforma bar and chains

Discussion in 'Ask the Experts' started by Keith Littlepage, Aug 25, 2018.

1. Keith Littlepage

Keith Littlepage OPE Member

Has anyone replaced any bar and chains with a
    Holzfforma brand by Farmertec? Interested to know if they will hold up for the price they sell them at. Thanks in advance to anyone who replies? Thanks

2. CR888

CR888 Pinnacle OPE Member

Will they last like a top quality Japanese/Canadian/US/German bar? Absolutely not, but they are a fraction of the price so relatively speaking they are not bad value. I look at cost, performance & service life & only on the rare occasion does Chinese saw products stack up. The last bars I bought were NOS Windsor speed tips made in Canada. Not the best bar on the market but for the price I paid & the good quality they are with long service life it made good sense to buy them. I say buy a holzdeformer bar & find out for yourself. You won't see one in the hands of an arborist, forestry worker or faller. But homeowner/land owners buy them trying to save a buck. The only Chinese bars I has used did not last long cutting Oz hardwood, the sprockets blew out before the bar wore out.

smokey7 and Dub11 like this.
  3. Dub11

Dub11 Some body poisoned the watering hole!

What saw are they going on?

4. smokey7

smokey7 Pinnacle OPE Member

Only cheap bars ive had any luck at all with were forester professional with replaceable tip. And im now in love with my new forester platinum. I am so pleased with it i feel like im shouting from the roof tops. They are about half the cost of tge other Japanese bars and i honestly feel they are every bit as good. Mine has now wore out 3 chains and i have no visible rail or tip wear. Very very happy with the platinum bar.

Sty57 likes this.
  5. CR888

CR888 Pinnacle OPE Member

I've got a few Forester bars 2 ko95 laminates & a Dolly mount RSN. I agree there pretty decent for the price, I'd like to give a Platinum one a go. Those bars are money not wasted.