Keith Littlepage

Active OPE Member
Local time
7:43 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Has anyone replaced any bar and chains with a
Holzfforma brand by Farmertec? Interested to know if they will hold up for the price they sell them at. Thanks in advance to anyone who replies? Thanks

CR888

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
10:43 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Will they last like a top quality Japanese/Canadian/US/German bar? Absolutely not, but they are a fraction of the price so relatively speaking they are not bad value. I look at cost, performance & service life & only on the rare occasion does Chinese saw products stack up. The last bars I bought were NOS Windsor speed tips made in Canada. Not the best bar on the market but for the price I paid & the good quality they are with long service life it made good sense to buy them. I say buy a holzdeformer bar & find out for yourself. You won't see one in the hands of an arborist, forestry worker or faller. But homeowner/land owners buy them trying to save a buck. The only Chinese bars I has used did not last long cutting Oz hardwood, the sprockets blew out before the bar wore out.

smokey7

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
8:43 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Only cheap bars ive had any luck at all with were forester professional with replaceable tip. And im now in love with my new forester platinum. I am so pleased with it i feel like im shouting from the roof tops. They are about half the cost of tge other Japanese bars and i honestly feel they are every bit as good. Mine has now wore out 3 chains and i have no visible rail or tip wear. Very very happy with the platinum bar.

CR888

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've got a few Forester bars 2 ko95 laminates & a Dolly mount RSN. I agree there pretty decent for the price, I'd like to give a Platinum one a go. Those bars are money not wasted.

thesawincanada

For the love of saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Hi hope this can help you a bit ordered three bars from huztl the 2 twenty five inch for ms660 have held up well. But one 18” with 325 pitch was made wrong right out of the box and can’t be used. Seize the chain solid when you mount it. Found out the end spur gear was put into the bar two far in. Have to machine end with gear taken back out to be able to use it.

fossil

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Has anyone replaced any bar and chains with a
Holzfforma brand by Farmertec? Interested to know if they will hold up for the price they sell them at. Thanks in advance to anyone who replies? Thanks

I bought a 16" bar and semi chisel .325 chain for a Makita MCS 520. Cost was about $20 US delivered. I cleaned the paint off the bar rails with a file and the steel is pretty hard. Certainly harder than any newer Oregon power match bars I have.

I ran a tank of gas through the saw today and it cut quite well. Minimal chain stretch so far. I did manage to hit a hidden nail and it did very little damage to the chain.

The saw will go to my brother in the spring for around the house trimming and clean up

I would say for that kind of work, it's a good deal.

DSCF4030.JPG DSCF4036.JPG

Last edited:

Larry B

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have 2 bars one 25" Holtzforma with sprocket tip. On a modded 660. Holding up well for a weekend warrior like me cutting dead ash. The other is a 25" hard nose Farmertec. Doesn't seem as stiff as the other one. Got it dirt cheap so OK for the money. Have 3 loops of China chain. Sharpens easy 30-55-0 angles. Stays about as sharp as Oregon chain. Slightly more stretch than Stihl chain. Cuts as good as any sharp chain. .02 worth

fossil

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Update. A good friend was gifted a Stihl 170 that was run over by a snowmobile. I put him onto the Huztl stuff to fix the saw and he bought one of their bars and chains. He ran through 10 tanks cutting pine before sharpening the chain. He ordered three more chains he liked them so much. He generally runs an MS 260 with Stihl RS chain.

I guess it's pretty goof stuff. The Makita I had was given to my brother so no more info on that bar and chain.

I'm going to order a couple of .325 chain for some mag case Poulans I have to see how that goes.

dmuir95

Active OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Fair warning walt/afleetcommand got me into huztl/farmertech parts for repairs and then I started putting alot of work into trying to make their kits into solid runners after that so I might be biased. I started buying their bars and chains after a groundsman in my area put me onto them, he loves em. I bought a 28" bar and a handful of chains to cut dirty stumps and generally abuse when I find trees with barbed wire or little pieces of rebar from the old mines in the area. The first bar 2 1/2-3 years ago was soft as butter and the rails needed some TLC from shipping damage , paint started coming off in 2 hours of cutting and the oil holes needed to be adjusted. the chains came as semi chisel 3/8 063 and wouldn't hold an edge for more than two tanks on a 660, I gave them another shot in October of last year when they announced a new bar and chain design last year and the new 28" stihl pattern bar I got is almost as good as my usual powermatch bars with better rail hardness and a much better tip than the old ones , the chains came with new full chisel cutters that are hardened much better, drivers with oil dimples and different straps. I bought some husky bars and chains from them about a month ago for cutting firewood and they came slightly more refined still but the 20" chains were square ground from the factory while the 28s were round ground which had me scratching my head. I finally gave up and bought 2 spools of their chain and I'm going to try using it instead of abusing it and see if I can find bad things to say about it again. Farmertec and huztl are trying to make their products into legitimate usable items to compete with hyway and forester etc and the way things are going with improvements every few months they might be able to do it.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

bertfixessome

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
AFAIK they do not make the chain or bars themselves
They are OEM parts suppliers to brand name chain saw factories in China.
And while it makes them sound good , we are still talking about a domestic grade Chinese made Stihl which as most know is chalk & cheese when compared to a German made pro grade Stihl.
I use a lot of their engine & frame parts and am very happy with them.
As for chain being a repair agent I can only fit chain & bar from one of my wholesalers or risk a big public liability payout should a customer injure himself.
We have a similar attitude down here, the mechanical thing is always to blame not the stupidity of the user.

Even then I have needed to replace bars under warranty supplied through Stens that sufferred laminalar splitting along the rails .
The chain fitted to the JoCutter range of saws sold by Hutzl have a bad reputation for rapid wear.

Bearings used to be the most counterfitted product on the planet, but I am starting to think chain & bar might be giving them a good run for their money.
I keep seeing a lot of fake Oregon chain & bar coming from Chinese factories.