High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Holiday Giving Thread

Cracker Boy

Fl cracker
Local time
7:10 PM
User ID
Reaction score
View attachment 103288 Need you folks ideas about two absolute, official, real-deal United States Marine Corps field jackets with button-in liners, neck collars have zip-out hoods, from back in my Corps days starting in the mid-80’s. (These ain’t no second hand chicken chit, spin-off crap sold at your local Saigon Sam’s or in on-line stores or magazines). I never wore these, I went in the Corps a large, left the Corps a XXL. I simply ended up with a bunch of field jackets with liners of various sizes, Kevlar helmets, ALICE Packs, 782 gear, etc, etc (wink wink...Supply connections).

Anyhoo, back story done...I have two. One is a Small/Regular, one is a Medium/Short (the latter chart size of the two sizes dictates arm length). Body’s are all different and you get all common chest sizes with these field jackets but with different arm lengths (hence the second part of the size designation per each).

I know most of us left these sizes many, many yrs ago...but may do damn fine for someone’s son/daughter. They’re the USMC real deal! I don’t know to do another raffle???...you folks give me your input?? Only thing I ask is the recipients pay shipping on these...and that’ll probably not be much, I figure $15 at the most. We’ll figure that out later.

Give me your thoughts guys how to do this?? I’ve toted these things for years, many years...and if someone can benefit from them, or their children, let’s do this!
Them things are great ive hunted a many day wearing one but my big ass wont fit them either. Great contribution jason

heritageguy20051

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Here's my forecast. Looks like @XP_Slinger and I are going to get a flurry. LoL
View attachment 103247
Years ago, I worked for the modular company that built the hotel on the north end of Seneca Lake in Geneva. Great little town but it was absolutely brutal working there in January and February. The wind just kills you.

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

heritageguy20051

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Woo doggies, shut yo mouth! (Translation: Looks Great! )
I would probably give $10 plus shipping to 72687 for just a little small strip of that crispy skin...
Maybe$15 +s&h :rolleyes: Merry Christmas
I seen an indoor electric fryer the other day. May have to get one. Frying is definitely the best.

Clemsonfor

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I seen an indoor electric fryer the other day. May have to get one. Frying is definitely the best.

I have eaten a few out of them and i didnt like the way they taste compared to mine in oil. But they did not use the rub that i used which also may be the difference?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

RIDE-RED 350r

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Yep they can be really dangerous. How long did it last b4 she quit?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

From the time she spooled up and started turning RPMs I've never personally witnessed a big diesel spin, about 2-3 minutes, all the while billowing an enormous cloud of smoke. Ignition off the whole time... O-F-F, off. LOL!

I had to ride it out in the cab for about 20 seconds to coast it past two houses that sit only about 15 feet off the road. Wanted to get the truck clear of those houses in case she grenaded and sent shrapnel or caught on fire risking catching the houses on fire with it. Got it safely past those houses, set the brakes, and bailed.

In hind sight, I should have tried harder to slam it back into a gear and try to stall it out with the brakes... it all happened so fast. But I doubt the clutch brake would be able to overcome the sheer RPM to allow me to get back into a gear...

Nobody got hurt, so I guess I did the best I could.

Last edited:

heritageguy20051

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have eaten a few out of them and i didnt like the way they taste compared to mine in oil. But they did not use the rub that i used which also may be the difference?

Thanks for the tip. Wasn't sure how they worked. We do ours in an electric roaster. Very little hassle.

Philbert

Chainsaw Enthusiast
Local time
6:10 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Had a co-worker with a couple of the electric turkey deep fryers. He loved them. Went around during the holidays offering to fry a turkey for everyone in the office!

Something like this one: https://masterbuilt.com/turkey-fryer/
EDIT: had to change the link: Amazon took over my post!

Philbert

Last edited:

Milkman31

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
6:10 PM
User ID
Reaction score
From the time she spooled up and started turning RPMs I've never personally witnessed a big diesel spin, about 2-3 minutes, all the while billowing an enormous cloud of smoke. Ignition off the whole time... O-F-F, off. LOL!

I had to ride it out in the cab for about 20 seconds to coast it past two houses that sit only about 15 feet off the road. Wanted to get the truck clear of those houses in case she grenaded and sent shrapnel or caught on fire risking catching the houses on fire with it. Got it safely past those houses, set the brakes, and bailed.

In hind sight, I should have tried harder to slam it back into a gear and try to stall it out with the brakes... it all happened so fast. But I doubt the clutch brake would be able to overcome the sheer RPM to allow me to get back into a gear...

Nobody got hurt, so I guess I did the best I could.
Your fire extinguisher could have saved the day! Shoot it in to the air cleaner and choke it down!

RIDE-RED 350r

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Your fire extinguisher could have saved the day! Shoot it in to the air cleaner and choke it down!

Damn, good point! It all happened so fast, I know I keep saying that..but it did. All I could think to do was get it away from those houses and get myself out of it. Dammit! Why didn't I think of that! Would surely have shut er down and saved the engine from being a total loss!

Clemsonfor

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Damn, good point! It all happened so fast, I know I keep saying that..but it did. All I could think to do was get it away from those houses and get myself out of it. Dammit! Why didn't I think of that! Would surely have shut er down and saved the engine from being a total loss!
Until someone is in that situation they don't know what they would do easy.

It's easy to Monday morning quarterback the whole thing but unless you train for those type situations or have the experience it's easy to forget things or not do something you may think was obvious later.

I really think it was good you rode it out past those 2 houses to make sure there safe.

RIDE-RED 350r

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Until someone is in that situation they don't know what they would do easy.

It's easy to Monday morning quarterback the whole thing but unless you train for those type situations or have the experience it's easy to forget things or not do something you may think was obvious later.

I really think it was good you rode it out past those 2 houses to make sure there safe.

Totally agree with everything you said.. but as I sit here now, ticked off that we are short one ten-wheeler out of the fleet of five and more importantly MY ten-wheeler...If only I had thought of the fire extinguisher.....

I'll still get my OT running around in the pickup doing intersections for the two guys that now have to cover my plow route along with their own, but I'd much rather be in my ten-wheeler doing my own route. We do have a new ten-wheeler ordered since last summer, but it's not due to be completed and delivered till at least February. Once that truck gets here I'll be back in business. There is nearly zero chance my boss or the town will opt to spend the kind of money on the old 2004 Freightliner to repair it as it was slated to be replaced by either this coming new ten wheeler or the next one. They have already been forced to spend more money on it than they wanted to over the last two winters...Big plow trucks work hard and don't age well. A 2004 might not seem that old for the average road truck, but being a plow truck, it should have been replaced about 5 years ago

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Fellas...back to the USMC field jackets with button-in liners...
Dude! You need to buy that girl some jeans. Hers are worn out

Thanks for yer generosity. Merry Christmas
Agree on the jeans...just don't make good sense these kids wanting to spend top dollar, well someone elses' top dollar, on damn jeans with holes in 'em. Her mother buys her stuff like that, I won't. If she wants jeans at any time, I'll buy her all she can stand to wear...but they damn sure ain't coming 'pre-holed.' lol

Clemsonfor

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Totally agree with everything you said.. but as I sit here now, ticked off that we are short one ten-wheeler out of the fleet of five and more importantly MY ten-wheeler...If only I had thought of the fire extinguisher.....

I'll still get my OT running around in the pickup doing intersections for the two guys that now have to cover my plow route along with their own, but I'd much rather be in my ten-wheeler doing my own route. We do have a new ten-wheeler ordered since last summer, but it's not due to be completed and delivered till at least February. Once that truck gets here I'll be back in business. There is nearly zero chance my boss or the town will opt to spend the kind of money on the old 2004 Freightliner to repair it as it was slated to be replaced by either this coming new ten wheeler or the next one. They have already been forced to spend more money on it than they wanted to over the last two winters...Big plow trucks work hard and don't age well. A 2004 might not seem that old for the average road truck, but being a plow truck, it should have been replaced about 5 years ago
Derail again.... what do those trucks do the other part of the year when not plowing??

Ok back to the official USMC jackets

Cracker Boy

Fl cracker
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Sorry about the de-rail...
It is scary guy brought a rear loader garbage truck 3208 cat. in one day when i used to do fleet mech. For a city said wasnt running right. He parked next day we started it and she started to run away i grabbed a big phone book off desk in shop to shut it down. It sucked it thru the intake we slammed hood rolled door down. And she greanaded too.

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
1:10 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
No fuel shutoff valves on those vehicles?
Just wondering.
My old tractor got one, it's mechanical therefore almost impossible to fail.

Apologies for aiding the derail!