Results are only viewable after voting.

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
7:57 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I don't personally know him bought a saw from him made out good w him on the deal he works in the woods for a living and said that's what he runs so thought I'd add that I personally have no exp w lucas I will run it as I hear others have liked it

ABarrick

TacomaTRD98 on AS
Local time
7:57 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
With all the people I have talked to about oil since I started studying 2t oils and testing them. There has not been even one person that has said that 50:1 of ANY 2t oil showed nice lubrication when the saw was taken apart. ie. nice oil on the skirts, on the crank, in the case. Not one!

It costs an extra 25 pennies per gallon of gas mixed to run 40:1 vs 50:1

Anyone that is too cheap to spend an extra .25 cents per gallon deserves exactly what they get with running 50:1 !!!

Before I found OPE and AS, I was perfectly happy running my 460 on Ultra and pump gas with the evil ethanol in it at 50:1. I tune rich. Just because the book says max safe speed on a stock 460 is 13,500-14,000 does not mean you have to tune it there. A muffler modded 460 runs best to me a little on the fat side around 13000. They have better throttle response and run cooler. I pulled the saw down when it was roughly 5 years old because it ate a circlip. The wrist pin walked out into the transfer port and broke off the bridge and smashed it all around in there. You shoulda heard it lol. Not the fault of the oil. Aside from the smashed up aluminum and craters in the piston, it all looked really good. The inside was nice and oily and the piston crown was clean with slight washing marks. I flushed out the bottom end and put an OEM topend from a smashed saw on it and still run it today. Saw had somewhere around 100 cord of firewood on it at that point.

Point being, there is no one perfect holy oil. Under the right circumstances they all work. under the wrong ones, they can all fail too. Bel-Ray H1R is suppossed to be great and I scuffed a piston in my cr250 the first time I used it. Went from 32:1 HP2 to 40:1 Bel-ray (as per their mix chart) and I fired it up warmed it up a little and took off. Just got it cleaned out hitting 4th gear and left off. As it dropped down to an idle it was making a odd noise and I shut it down. Pulled the pipe and it has some scuffing. Not bad but it;s there. Nothing changed other than the oil. Seemed like a cold seize but the motor was not "cold." Fluke? Idon't know but it kinda soured me on H1R.