Hey Hack Where do you CUT

Fruecrue

certified hand catcher
Local time
10:08 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I mostly cut the lower sections out of power line poles. Only cut every other one and the lines won’t come completely down. Free, and plentiful, plus I love the way it smells when it burns. Hell on chains.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
9:08 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I mostly cut the lower sections out of power line poles. Only cut every other one and the lines won’t come completely down. Free, and plentiful, plus I love the way it smells when it burns. Hell on chains.

Rep for you.......You Badass Rebel !!!!!

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
There's so much wood around here it's ridiculous. Private always. No need to go find wood to cut. My yard has ten cords of oak cherry or walnut take your pic. Travel any local road with a saw and load your truck. I grab cut red and white oak left curbside with the low beaver tail flatbed. Firewood lol.
I have 40-50 cords of standing dead red and white oak on five private properties thirty minutes away.

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@Genius, is that you?

SteveinUT

Have gun - will travel
Local time
8:08 AM
User ID
Reaction score
All public land for me. Specifically, Dixie Nat'l Forest. USFS charges $10 per cord for the permit. Takes me about 30 minutes to get up on the mountain from the house and I cut pretty much all pine/fir/spruce/aspen. Not much else around here. Elevation where I cut is pretty much 7,000'-10,000'.

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
All public land for me. Specifically, Dixie Nat'l Forest. USFS charges $10 per cord for the permit. Takes me about 30 minutes to get up on the mountain from the house and I cut pretty much all pine/fir/spruce/aspen. Not much else around here. Elevation where I cut is pretty much 7,000'-10,000'.
That sounds nice. Open grade would be sweet. I'm usual up against something or stuff in the way to do a drop. Only trees I get to fell are in crowded woods or swamps. Have not done a field tree in three years+.

Cutting on a sixty plus year old mullbury blown over for about five years now. Nice dry wood there. Up to the nine inch plus wood now. It is covered in sucker nipples and limbs. Long dead now. The two main stems look curly :)

Found some small black walnut and honey locust to start future cold winter stacks.

Is the clear locust worth making boards out of? Ten plus inch in up to thirty foot lengths. Maybe good for lowboy trailer boards?
Or something else like barn floor boards I heard.