Genius

First member of ASlite to receive a infraction
Local time
8:52 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sweet, thanks Randy and Bruce

One suggestion. All these "sub-sub forums" get confusing.

Instead of having a "guns and ammo" sub-sub forum I think it'd be less confusing for someone as simple as myself to just have everything in one place.

I doubt the posts and traffic here will be like in the chainsaw section where the subs are a little nicer.

Ryan Browne

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
7:52 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I never enter the sub forums here, on AS, tractorbynet, or on any other forums, really. I just click "new posts" when I visit. I get all the recent gossip that way. :)

On the farm here we play volleyball every Wednesday night. Been happening for 30 years. I didn't get to play until about 1998, though. Some of the guys who play are in their late sixties. Darrell is 70. He wears kneepads because he dives for the ball so much.

We also play a pretty mean game of table tennis. I've got one table in the shop and an aluminum table outside. Best place to play, until the wind picks up that is.

There's some very good canoeing and kayaking in my neck of the woods too. Wish I got to do more of that.rps20160920_131530_595.jpg
Here's my daughter on her first canoe trip. Despite the scenery, she wasn't really that impressed. Had a lot of fun eating sand though.

rattler

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think it is a great site. I get help when I need it I get to talk to folks I have never met like we have known each other for years.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

CR888

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
10:52 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
rattler said:
Hey Randy Big Thanks to you and Bruce. Really do Appreciate it.

Mike
One thing quickly noticed round here is nobody feels there's a big brick wall between the staff/management & the membership. It takes a little respect from all of us for things to work as well as they do. Good site OPE!!

fossil

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I hunt birds. ducks, geese and my favorite, ruffed grouse.
Some years ago I had my hunting gun apart to refinish the stock (Beretta A303, 12 ga) and decided to go grouse hunting on a nice fall day. I had bought an 870 express in 20 ga thinking a lighter gun might be a good option as I age and I didn't want to pop the $1300 they were asking for another Beretta.
I had always shot Winchesters and then the Beretta for birds. All had the safety located in front of the trigger. The 870 is at the rear.

I had set the stock, the point of impact and the trigger pull on the 870 as close to the Beretta as I could get it.

I headed up the spot I was hunting. I pushed three easy shot birds. I missed all three easy shots, pretty much going straight away. I think mostly due to the fact that I hit the imaginary safety in front of the trigger. I got so pissed off I decided to head home

I pulled out on the macadam road (a quiet one) and started home. Low and behold, there were two of the buggers just off the shoulder. I passed them, Looked in my mirror and saw them walk into the road.
I pulled a three point turn and floored it. I think I was doing about 70 mph when I hit the one that didn't fly with the air dam on the car.
I slowed down, turned around and pulled up to where I hit the bird.

I had to sort through 20 feet of feathers and guts before I found a perfectly cleaned breast. All the time a county truck was watching me.

I was driving an Olds Cutlass at the time. I think I laughed for 15 minutes. My only deliberate car kill.

It proved to me that a Cutlass is better than a bloody 870 with an ass backwards safety

I haven't put a shell through it since.

rattler

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
One thing quickly noticed round here is nobody feels there's a big brick wall between the staff/management & the membership. It takes a little respect from all of us for things to work as well as they do. Good site OPE!!
Very well said!

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I hunt birds. ducks, geese and my favorite, ruffed grouse.
Some years ago I had my hunting gun apart to refinish the stock (Beretta A303, 12 ga) and decided to go grouse hunting on a nice fall day. I had bought an 870 express in 20 ga thinking a lighter gun might be a good option as I age and I didn't want to pop the $1300 they were asking for another Beretta.
I had always shot Winchesters and then the Beretta for birds. All had the safety located in front of the trigger. The 870 is at the rear.

I had set the stock, the point of impact and the trigger pull on the 870 as close to the Beretta as I could get it.

I headed up the spot I was hunting. I pushed three easy shot birds. I missed all three easy shots, pretty much going straight away. I think mostly due to the fact that I hit the imaginary safety in front of the trigger. I got so pissed off I decided to head home

I pulled out on the macadam road (a quiet one) and started home. Low and behold, there were two of the buggers just off the shoulder. I passed them, Looked in my mirror and saw them walk into the road.
I pulled a three point turn and floored it. I think I was doing about 70 mph when I hit the one that didn't fly with the air dam on the car.
I slowed down, turned around and pulled up to where I hit the bird.

I had to sort through 20 feet of feathers and guts before I found a perfectly cleaned breast. All the time a county truck was watching me.

I was driving an Olds Cutlass at the time. I think I laughed for 15 minutes. My only deliberate car kill.

It proved to me that a Cutlass is better than a bloody 870 with an ass backwards safety

I haven't put a shell through it since.
I like my Berettas too

Genius

First member of ASlite to receive a infraction
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

I just spit my beer all over my computer screen!!!!

You used respect and Randy in the same sentence.

IMG_0062.JPG

fossil

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I scored this Winchester (mod 120)12ga for $100. Any love here for the 120?View attachment 34414

I used to shoot a 1200. I always liked the way the bolt opened after the shot. You can pump them pretty fast. I don't think I ever short stroked it.

It was always a dependable gun.

I like the Beretta auto now. It never jams, ever.

Last edited:

fossil

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I often wondered if the S&W shotguns were any good. I never shot one or knew anyone who had one. They looked good but reminded me of an 1100 Rem which swings like a club for me.
Have you ever fired one?

Locust Cutter

Air Force Redneck
Local time
7:52 AM
User ID
Reaction score
If it's outdoors I and sometimes the rest of the family do it. We camp, hunt for Deer, Rabbit, Pheasant, Quail, Dove (and soon to be Elk and Pigs) and love fishing. I have been addicted to flying small aircraft since the first time I was allowed to take the yoke and will likely be until I die (which wouldn't be a bad way to go). I love operating motorcycles, boats, jet skis and water sports, even more so when it's with my family. I played soccer, football and baseball growing up, will always love football, but probably love actual Baseball, like the kind kids play when they don't know better than to play for the pure fun of it and CCR sang about, (not today's MLB). I had actually forgotten how much I loved the game until I started coaching little league, because of my kids and their teammates, seing that infectious smile when one got a play right... I've had to laugh (and cuss) a lot and hold a tear occasionally remembering what it was like to just want to play catch with Dad or a friend.

I love being on farms and ranches and being engaged however I can from stretching fence, to driving a combine. Have been addicted to chainsaws since I was a kid and generally every other version of a high performance engine. Mostly I love being out in BFE, *trying* to live a bit of a slower life and spending time with people who are worth spending time with, preferably outside. I don't go to church a lot these days, but to me being out in boondocks is kinda similar.