High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Helping out an elderly guy

t4driller

Daddy Day Care
Local time
10:13 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I met a guy that lives on my way to work. I've fixed his saws and sharpened his chains for him a couple times for free. He reminded me of my grandpa that passed away. He's the one that got me into cutting/ saws. He has a load of logs that he was going to cut up for this year. He called me a month or so ago and said he couldn't do it because he got cancer. Asked if I would cut it all up for him and in exchange I could have some of the wood. This will be his last year burning because of the cancer so he didn't need all of it. I agreed and to do it and today we worked on one of the piles. He used his tractor with forks to lift them up so I could cut them, and had a young guy help move/ stack as I was cutting. We started at 930 and at 130 we were all finished. Was really happy I got it cut up so fast and he had alot of fun running his new tractor . Most of it I used a stihl 066 and 361 I ported. Also got some more run time on the 2150 I did. I had alot of fun and got to break in saws that needed some run time on them. Here's some pics of our day.
f13ac3a380bb49d0154cad2a1165ec4a.jpg
581f8312f05323b878674ad73019bb32.jpg
e03f9a04a8a74edccf2a88b9f6ba60d3.jpg
08bfe0607fbdda80f7eb63ecd7ef5c34.jpg
4c4b1febbdb05fb4c21df4b54df8c76f.jpg
there's another pile to the left that I forgot to take a pic of.

t4driller

Daddy Day Care
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Awesome!
Is he getting treatment?
Yes, he's going through treatment now. He was having a hard time breathing today. He lives by himself and I go sit with him for a little after work. I like hearing his stories from the good old days.

Next Thursday I'm going back with my splitter to help him get it split.

paragonbuilder

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yes, he's going through treatment now. He was having a hard time breathing today. He lives by himself and I go sit with him for a little after work. I like hearing his stories from the good old days.

Next Thursday I'm going back with my splitter to help him get it split.

I can't imagine how hard it is for an elderly person. My brother was 20 and athletic and it kicked his a$$ when he went through it.

t4driller

Daddy Day Care
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I can't imagine how hard it is for an elderly person. My brother was 20 and athletic and it kicked his a$$ when he went through it.
Yea, it's a shame. I lost my grandpa to cancer. He was my best friend. I always try to help people out. Just the little things makes people happy. Don't see alot of that in the younger generation anymore.

leadfarmer

Hot Rod !!!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That's what we're here for brother, to help those that can't help themselves . Not much happens today like that to much selfishness I guess. I'm sure there will be blessing down the road for you man plus you had fun with a hobby you enjoy. Awsome

t4driller

Daddy Day Care
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
That's what we're here for brother, to help those that can't help themselves . Not much happens today like that to much selfishness I guess. I'm sure there will be blessing down the road for you man plus you had fun with a hobby you enjoy. Awsome
Yes sir. Someday I'll be old and not getting around so good. Hopefully some young whipper snapper helps me out.....[emoji2]

stihl_head1982

Here long time
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
you the man dude. to be honest you dont see that much anymore where i live

True. I commend the OP of the post as well. Sowing these seeds of kindness will result in a wonderful harvest on your part. I helped a dear friend after he recovered from cancer with some similar things. He's 4 years recovered now and just helped him get a MS361. He is a happy man. Thanks for posting. I pray this guy lives a good while and your memories will be sweet.

t4driller

Daddy Day Care
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Thank you , I didn't start this thread to get praise or a pat on the back. It's just how I am and what I normally do. I'm sure everyone hear would have done the same if put in this situation. There's a great group of guys here that help complete strangers out on a daily basis. Hopefully I get to personally meet most of you and shake your hands. I need to start posting more often, but i get side tracked with life easily.

t4driller

Daddy Day Care
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Just finished up splitting what we cut last week. We both started at 915 this morning. Had a little friendly race. He was running the levers on his splitter and had a 18 year kid feeding it. I was by myself[emoji20] [emoji20] . He finished 20 minutes ahead of me. My pile looks a little bigger then his. He was all happy he won and said how slow my splitter is. I just let him live in the glory.. all in all had fun and got alot split.