Help with this brush cutter???

flh69

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
11:40 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Does anyone have any info on this brush cutter. It was given to me and I can not find a user manual or anything else on it.
a.JPG b.JPG

DND 9000

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
4:40 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That FS 200AV uses the engine of the 020AV electronic chain saw. For more information have a look on the 020 AV chain saw engine (Series 1114)

Fish

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
On the Mediacat, the ipl is listed under the "clearing saw" menu.

flh69

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
On the Mediacat, the ipl is listed under the "clearing saw" menu.
Would you have a copy of that IPL? I tried getting on Medicat but I could not figure how.

flh69

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ray,
The machine I have is somewhat different than what is shown in the service manual. Notice the oil cap in the picture. I don't have a clue as to what that is for.
c.JPG

flh69

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It is a chainsaw chassis employed as a trimmer, so they just block off the oiler.
Thank you. Now I understand. I don't have to worry about oil in there.
Is this something that Stihl used to do? This thing was made in Germany.
Do you have any idea how to remove the nut on the gear box. I see no way of locking the shaft. This thing runs great & I do have a use for it if I can figure out how to put a cutting attachment on it.

Fish

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Clean the gearhead and put up some pics. There should be a "hole" to put in a pin and lock the gearbox...

flh69

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
d.JPG

Clean the gearhead and put up some pics. There should be a "hole" to put in a pin and lock the gearbox...
I have a FS 85 that has the hole to put a pin thru but can not find anywhere on this one. I've removed those set screws but that did not help. Also there is no holes in the bottom to insert a pin
.d.JPG

AVB

Super OPE Member
Local time
10:40 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Looks like someone has removed the thrust plate which would be the locking mechanism.

I drop you a link to the FS200 IPL via PM as I don't for Stihl to shut the site where it is as they do with many a site.

flh69

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Looks like someone has removed the thrust plate which would be the locking mechanism.

I drop you a link to the FS200 IPL via PM as I don't for Stihl to shut the site where it is as they do with many a site.
First off I would like to thank all who replied. I have an IPL that was provided by another member that is somewhat different than the one you provided. It may be an earlier version but it shows the gear head that is on my machine. I removed the nut via an impact wrench & everything appears to be correct. I just can't believe you need an impact wrench to remove & install. Maybe Stihl thinks that people carry air compressors out in the field??