High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Help with Briggs mix screw

applehead

OPE Member
Local time
3:51 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Not much experience with this type of machine, had to disassemble carb and clean. She is running smooth and making juice, but not sure where the mix screw should be at. No noticeable change in idle while adjusting; I have it set at almost 4 turns out now. Any one ?IMG_0292.JPGIMG_0291.JPG

Fish

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
You probably won't get much noticable difference as the main jet is fixed.
If it runs good where it is at, leave it and don't worry about it much.

applehead

OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
No worries about a lean burn down ?

applehead

OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Thank you Fish, run her I will.

Fish

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Greatest lesson to ever learn about this chit, don't keep farking with it if it ain't broke.....

Fish

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
LOL, reminded me of my wife a few months ago.
She had sliced her finger, and it was bleeding pretty good. She finally called me in the room, she had a rag on it, blood everywhere.
I made her sit down, and I held the rag tight for a couple minutes, so the wound would clot up. After another minute, I switched with her hand, so I could go get a band aid/etc.
I came back in the room, and she was walking around, bleeding worse, starting to panic.
I made her sit down again, and we repeated the process.

Then after several more minutes, I got her to hold the rag again, while I got the gauze ready, etc. Instead, she pulled away the rag, looked at it, started contorting the wound, it started bleeding again, and she started wiping at it with the rag again.
I started really fussing at her then.

"I'll be damned if we are going to the emergency room over this chit!!!" , I yelled.
So I sat there for 20 minutes more, and taped it up after it coagulated, wouldn't let her do anything else until things were safe.
She has always been known to keep farking with things.

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Since this has been mentioned I have or had the same thing with my power washer with what looks like the same engine .Although it had sat not started for a year it fired right up but"hunted" under load .A little choke and it settled right down .Evidently the main jet is a tad clogged .If I recall it did that before and after a while it started running rich when it cleared the clog .Choke off good to go .
That damned thing,I always anti freeze the pump so it doesn't freeze and burst .Every flippen year I have to pull the 6 check valves ,push them in and out then it's good all year .A guy at work uses vegetable oil and says he never has had a problem like that .Funny I've heard of a few using veggy oil for chain lube but never for anti freeze .Live and learn .