Mattyo

Youtube speciawist
GoldMember
Local time
8:11 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My rim drive has been in use. I guess the spline on the drum is slightly smaller than the worm, but it seems to work fine.

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
8:11 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The 346 worm drive
Part #503892103
Works on a 346 crank
Not a 350 crank
It has a bigger diameter (.59 inch compared to .50 inch) and has a different depth than a 350 worm drive

If you want to run a rim drive on a 350 crank you need to run a 350 worm drive "as-is" or modify it as I suggested earlier in this post.
Good info. Mine must be from a 350 then. It works fine. Like others stated, maybe it won't last long. Time will tell

Chainganger

Super OPE Member
Local time
7:11 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Good info. Mine must be from a 350 then. It works fine. Like others stated, maybe it won't last long. Time will tell

Over at AS they warn against using too thick of a chainsaw bar oil, especially in winter of coarse, which could put more wear and tear on the worm gear. If necessary, maybe thin it out with some kerosene in the winter.

JohnnyBlade

JUST GONNA SEND IT
GoldMember
Local time
7:11 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ok so ive made it to the end of the interwebs again, takin apart every husky and Jonsered i own, ran actual OEM numbers of the drums i have and google looked at me funny, (only i would end up with a one off part) tried cross referencing to oregon, jotted down so many numbers on paper that if a mad scientist read it he would run straight to pizzed the funk off with out passing go, and i am still 100% unsure what the correct part #'s would be for a:
-3/8" small spline rim drum
-3/8" small spline rim sprocket
This is to fit the husky 350. A guy just wants to run some 3/8".....
I know already u have to use the 350 worm gear for the oiler and its not a perfect match, a lil sloppy. Im at my wits end and i have a set up for a 2152 and one for a 351 both in 3/8" rim. But they each have their differences from the 350 spur setup. I have a hard time making it through a tank of gas with out smokin a piston i surely dont wanna loose a leg from a thrown chain from a mismatched spinnymabobber:D
Please help:eek: