Help setting up a tree co.

Normzilla

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
9:19 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I need help, have a partner. Trying to navigate all the web's of setting up a tree company. Comp, insurance etc. Insurance companies seem to not like giving quotes.

angelo c

Coal Member
Local time
12:19 AM
User ID
Reaction score
is there a "license" needed to operate in your state as a contractor ? There is one required in NJ. Insurance companies like to do business with companies that already have "Insurance" ...in other words they don't like "Start-ups" or "working" they just like to collect premiums. Lazy Fuggers . Keep at them...you may have to take a Chit policy to start to prove you won't have a "claim" before ou can get issued a "good" policy...around here the only higher rated workman's comp is a "roofer".

blacksmith

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I know that around here if you have anything that says "tree cutting, removal, trimming etc" you get pounded on the price that you pay for insurance. It would probably be easier to pick up insurance and cheaper if you said it was for "outdoor odd jobs", such as landscaping and chainsaw repair! Just a thought and my 2 cents.

ucm931

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Trimming, Removal, Etc, Etc Landscape Services LLC

Put it that way on the truck, trailer, and website. Just don't bold and underline it when you fill out the insurance application. :goofy:

Normzilla

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
9:19 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks all. Yes D-49 is what's needed I'm studying for. LLC and much has to come together first lots of hoops