Red97

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
3:43 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
washer-and-dryer-for-sale-cheap-old-washer-and-dryer-washer-dryer-years-old-in-great-shape-for-sale-in-washer-dryer.jpg

You'll be needing a set of these
To work on saws.
If your fancy get the front loaders
More workbench area
Agitated parts washer. Dryer my be a bit loud. Supplement the heat?

Iffin I was to start over in the garage, instead of a work bench I’d find a humongous office desk like I had at work.

It was near 4’ x 8’ and I could spread ‘blue’ prints out while using my ‘puter to draw parts/assembly’s.

Saws aren’t heavy that one needs to stand. [emoji848]

Depends on what you do for a living. I'm on my feet all day so I would rather stand at my work benches, never felt right trying to sit....feels like being in school lol.

Think my last ones were 40" have some stools with back/foot rest. Or plenty comfy to stand. Plan on doing the same here.

Need help with cabinets?View attachment 154748

Them look way nicer than the ones I built.

Very nice!

Gonna be pegboard doors? Lol

Red97

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I was thinking about a U shaped bench that a fella could be in the middle of so as to have everything within arms reach.

I like that idea.

This new concrete is smooth. Get a chair with wheels and wheel from side to side lol

Maybe put in a toolbox island with a work top on it.

If I have too much continuous Bench it turns into one giant pile lol

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Agitated parts washer. Dryer my be a bit loud. Supplement the heat?

Think my last ones were 40" have some stools with back/foot rest. Or plenty comfy to stand. Plan on doing the same here.

Them look way nicer than the ones I built.

Very nice!

Gonna be pegboard doors? Lol
The dryers for the left over parts duh

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
image.jpg
image.jpg

Yes, the benches are a complete disaster at the moment; don’t judge, please!

This one has had several changes and this set up seems to work well. 30” deep, LED bar right over the bench, 20 amp breaker/surge protected power strip, 4 of the magnetic tool strips, I had my battery charger attached to the center support for easy 1 handed battery changes as needed. Cordless impact and drill are absolutely required and the most versatile tools I use. The shelf underneath is perfect height for an added foot rest. I wish i had covered it in metal, but that wasn’t an option when i started. I put a piece of old carpet underneath as it helps IMMENSELY if any parts are dropped, especially small ones! They tend to not ‘bounce’ and roll away, so easier to find. The 2 sided backing chair is an oddball that was being thrown away by neighbors and super comfortable as I can’t stand or sit for any extended period of time. image.jpg

This is my “mobile work station”, built when I first bought this house. The 4 large casters allow me to move it around inside and outside the garage. Made out of all scrap lumber. Same power strip with a 15’ cord that allows me to make plenty of movement. I use this as the metal work/milling/welding/grinding bench as I can roll it out in the driveway and keep the mess out of the garage. Also use it with my wood working tools (pre drilled holes for the compound sliding miter saw, an opening for the router so it can be used as a router table with 2 slots for the fence). The vise was my grandfather’s, handed down to me, early 1900s vintage. I usually roll it over so its 90* to my stationary bench.

Red97

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
View attachment 154759
View attachment 154761

This one has had several changes and this set up seems to work well. 30” deep, LED bar right over the bench, 20 amp breaker/surge protected power strip, 4 of the magnetic tool strips, I had my battery charger attached to the center support for easy 1 handed battery changes as needed. Cordless impact and drill are absolutely required and the most versatile tools I use. The shelf underneath is perfect height for an added foot rest. I wish i had covered it in metal, but that wasn’t an option when i started. I put a piece of old carpet underneath as it helps IMMENSELY if any parts are dropped, especially small ones! They tend to not ‘bounce’ and roll away, so easier to find. The 2 sided backing chair is an oddball that was being thrown away by neighbors and super comfortable as I can’t stand or sit for any extended period of time. View attachment 154760

This is my “mobile work station”, built when I first bought this house. The 4 large casters allow me to move it around inside and outside the garage. Made out of all scrap lumber. Same power strip with a 15’ cord that allows me to make plenty of movement. I use this as the metal work/milling/welding/grinding bench as I can roll it out in the driveway and keep the mess out of the garage. Also use it with my wood working tools (pre drilled holes for the compound sliding miter saw, an opening for the router so it can be used as a router table with 2 slots for the fence). The vise was my grandfather’s, handed down to me, early 1900s vintage. I usually roll it over so its 90* to my stationary bench.

Shoot that is fairly tame for mess...

I think I'm gonna give the magnet strips a go this time. Never seem to get the tops put back in the drawers anyway. Maybe those willk help.

I like the carpet idea too. Have plenty of that leftover too.

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Shoot that is fairly tame for mess...

I think I'm gonna give the magnet strips a go this time. Never seem to get the tops put back in the drawers anyway. Maybe those willk help.

I like the carpet idea too. Have plenty of that leftover too.

I started with 1 mag strip, then 2, now 4. I found its just easier to keep all the saw tools pulled out and at the bench. I am a jack-of-all-trades, so use all of the tools on a regular basis. Dedicating tools for just saws makes it that much less time consuming walking back and forth to the tool box.

I couldn’t find any decent long hex head drivers for the cordless impact. So I made a couple. Cut the short arm off of an allen wrench and ground that end to a point, grabbed a el-cheapo socket in corresponding size (4mm,5mm), gave the allen key piece a couple taps with a hammer point end into the socket and a little booger weld to hold in place. Whalla! Long reach drivers for the mini impact.image.jpg

Last edited:

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
2:43 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I like that idea.

This new concrete is smooth. Get a chair with wheels and wheel from side to side lol

Maybe put in a toolbox island with a work top on it.

If I have too much continuous Bench it turns into one giant pile lol

...that or a stool that spins if the bench is close enough on both sides. Fella could just stand as well. Just as long as one leg of the U is clear for saws, the others can have everything you need to work on them is what I am picturing.

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
In my shop i have a 10x12 room
I'm going to put a table something
Like this but heavier duty.
Stationary with power strips on each side.
And hanging 4ft led light's above it.
We built one similar for a friend
It work's great.
I have standing tool chests to keep tools
Organized.
432a10c7f394744f29ff15d4ae365284.jpg

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
View attachment 154759
View attachment 154761

This one has had several changes and this set up seems to work well. 30” deep, LED bar right over the bench, 20 amp breaker/surge protected power strip, 4 of the magnetic tool strips, I had my battery charger attached to the center support for easy 1 handed battery changes as needed. Cordless impact and drill are absolutely required and the most versatile tools I use. The shelf underneath is perfect height for an added foot rest. I wish i had covered it in metal, but that wasn’t an option when i started. I put a piece of old carpet underneath as it helps IMMENSELY if any parts are dropped, especially small ones! They tend to not ‘bounce’ and roll away, so easier to find. The 2 sided backing chair is an oddball that was being thrown away by neighbors and super comfortable as I can’t stand or sit for any extended period of time. View attachment 154760

Looks like you welcome good saws regardless of brand!

Red97

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Has anyone figured the perfect bench to saw ratio?

16":1
32":1

Hmmm...

Think I had too much bench real estate in the last saw shop.. 24ft run.

Thinking 14ft run this time.

Red97

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Whiter than it was.

Think I have 4 4' led lights to bring over.
9b04279eb15e4e6ff237acf11e40dd3c.jpg

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Has anyone figured the perfect bench to saw ratio?

16":1
32":1

Hmmm...

Think I had too much bench real estate in the last saw shop.. 24ft run.

Thinking 14ft run this time.

Wish I could help you. My actual work bench is covered with bullet casting stuff right now. The saws are hiding under the finish mower. Don't worry, the tractor is not hooked up to it!

Red97

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thinking bout shelves... not sure yet might be another catch all...

Probably just use them 2 cabinets and call it good nuff.
08a8f9bef1d8aa4c5c7363564c920423.jpg

Red97

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Looks gooder. Now get to work!:naughty:
Quit posting and get back to work!!
Slave drivers.

Still have to figure placement for everything.

Currently I have a grinding table that is in the open/cold part of the barn. Don't have to worry about the metal chips everywhere.

Wondering if I should bring it inside, or keep it on the outs..