Help me design my saw shack...

Four Paws

Chrome won't get you home
Local time
3:47 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Oil stains are manly.

I'd recommend the foam interlocking squares from Harbor Freight...or Lowes or Home Depot, etc.

They keep your feet off the cold floor in the winter, and keep them from hurting when you are standing for long periods of time.

Red97

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
5:47 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Oil stains are manly.

I'd recommend the foam interlocking squares from Harbor Freight...or Lowes or Home Depot, etc.

They keep your feet off the cold floor in the winter, and keep them from hurting when you are standing for long periods of time.

Got a couple of these for Christmas. Put one together today, man they sure are nice.

I typically don't mind oil stains, but since I'm going all out, might as well coat the floor while I'm at it. I do plan on getting a couple rubber anti fatigue mats. I'll look into the foam ones as well. Thanks for the tip.

Four Paws

Local time
User ID
Reaction score

Got a couple of these for Christmas. Put one together today, man they sure are nice.

I typically don't mind oil stains, but since I'm going all out, might as well coat the floor while I'm at it. I do plan on getting a couple rubber anti fatigue mats. I'll look into the foam ones as well. Thanks for the tip.

Nice stools!

Rubber mats are better than what I recommended. But for $9, they really are a decent value. I use them in front of my bench.

Red97

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Parts storage..?

Anyone have some clever ideas?

Red97

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
For parts storage, I bought an expensive Rigid table saw for that....lol

I really want to build all custom cabinet's under the bench. But also would like to use it before 2018... A table saw sure would be nice. Actually think we have one tucked away in the shop. May have to see if it works...

jake wells

no longer here
Local time
4:47 AM
User ID
Reaction score
old peanut bar jars or mayo jars run a wood screw threw the center of the lid under a shelf and screw the jar onto the lid i keep my mixture of screws,nuts,bolts in them.
jar-bins.jpg

Backtroller

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My assembly bench are the cabinets and work station that where in our "mud room" it has a nice corian top that I throw an old solid core door on top of if I'm doing anything that would hurt the finish IMG_4177.JPGI built this in its place to keep the peace in the family. A win-win. IMG_3376.JPG

Red97

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My assembly bench are the cabinets and work station that where in our "mud room" it has a nice corian top that I throw an old solid core door on top of if I'm doing anything that would hurt the finish View attachment 46821I built this in its place to keep the peace in the family. A win-win. View attachment 46822

That is very nice...

Wood working is not a strong suit of mine. It doesn't like to stretch\bend, and screws don't fill gaps lol

Four Paws

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Parts storage..?

Anyone have some clever ideas?

Cheap ideas...

I really like printer paper boxes. They are the same size for consistency. They have a lid so they are easy to get into/out of. They fit an entire saw pretty nicely. They are stackable.

Tackle boxes and similar plastic containers work well for smalls.

Backtroller

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Someday I will upgrade from diaper boxes to the the nice clear Rubbermaid containers with lids. I have a steady stream of diaper boxes!

I enjoy swinging a hammer and wood working (probably because I don't do it for a full time job), but you have fabrication and machinist skills. I wish I had that talent.

Red97

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Progress dot dot dot

These ought to work for in process powerheads.

Cabinet for new/spare parts. Tin peg board for the door front's. 16x33x11 will hang it above the stackable totes.

Last edited:

Red97

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Looks really nice Joe.

Thank you.

Those should work great. You can easily see what is in there. I like the tool boxes built into the bench too. The stainless top will be great. Very nice.

Thanks Pat,

Can't really see through the peg board, but what I like is the ability to use the peg board accessorys on both sides.
Joe, for floor covering I used this in my shop. My feet and dropped pistons thank me everyday.

http://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/rubber-mat-black-4-ft-x-6-ft?cm_vc=-10005

Definitely think some type of rubber mat is the way to go for longevity/comfort.