GoldMember
Local time
8:48 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Looks great Joe. Your saw shack is starting to take form. Awesome stuff

Thank you.

Think I have a 12-14" exhaust fan, going to try and hook that up to the radiator. don't think the box fan will keep up in below 0 temps.

Hoping to get some time next week for caulk, paint, shelves and benches.

I picked up some galvanized roof flashing for the bench tops, it is about .025 thick.

Canadian farm boy

“Normal” people scare me.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thank you.

Think I have a 12-14" exhaust fan, going to try and hook that up to the radiator. don't think the box fan will keep up in below 0 temps.

Hoping to get some time next week for caulk, paint, shelves and benches.

I picked up some galvanized roof flashing for the bench tops, it is about .025 thick.
I can honestly say I'am excited for you.
I've been wanting to rearrange my shop for over a year now, put in a proper ceiling, shelving, cabinets and a wood stove for heat. Needless to say I haven't got that far yet

Red97

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I can honestly say I'am excited for you.
I've been wanting to rearrange my shop for over a year now, put in a proper ceiling, shelving, cabinets and a wood stove for heat. Needless to say I haven't got that far yet

Me too :)

Little guy turns 1 tomorrow, last year has been a blur to say the least.

Just been accumulating goodies for the past couple years...

Time to get my shop back, and really enjoy porting saws. need to make room for more than 1 at a time.

Red97

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Anyone have some powerhead storage pics/ideas?

In the picture looking at the doorway, the right side is going to be powerhead storage.

The osb is 3ft from wall to door, figure I can go 6ft down the wall easy enough maybe 8ft.

Red97

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Home Depot velcro hang-alls

I like hanging them from the tank handle with bike tire hangers.

I like the hanging idea, but rather limited on height. The trim board is right at 6ft

I will probably use the hanger idea in the barn to keep my work saws out of the way.

jake wells

no longer here
Local time
7:48 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I like the hanging idea, but rather limited on height. The trim board is right at 6ft

I will probably use the hanger idea in the barn to keep my work saws out of the way.
add a drip board to keep the leaking oil from going everywhere.

Redfin

Meh...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Looking great Joe, Ill get a pic shortly but for my saws that are in "worked on" status I use the hanging bins that mount on metal boards that screw to the wall. Keeps all the parts handy.

You can pop them off the wall easily to get at what you need.

Red97

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

I like those. might have to look for something like that for the "in process" saws.

I have 6'x14' of wall to use for powerheads, bars/chains and in process saws.

As of now, thinking of building a shelving unit the first 6ft then 4 ft for bars/chain and the rest for tubs/trays of saws to be ported.

Red97

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Wanting to thank you fellas for the help/support/motivation for this project.

Really hoping to get it 80% done this upcoming week.

Looking like the following week I gotta go back to work, won't likely have any saw time till February :(

Four Paws

Chrome won't get you home
Local time
6:48 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Use 3/4 MDF sheets for shelves. Rip them in half and paint them glossy so they hold up to abrasion, resist oil, and can be wiped down. Affix to wall and keep 14" vertical spacing between shelves. Done this way, you can pack the saws in tight...head to toe. From left to right - tank first, then spikes first, then tank first, then spikes...continue. I like hanging bars and chains on a spike. I never store on a saw unless I am in the middle of sawing, or planning to go out sawing.

Red97

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Use 3/4 MDF sheets for shelves. Rip them in half and paint them glossy so they hold up to abrasion, resist oil, and can be wiped down. Affix to wall and keep 14" vertical spacing between shelves. Done this way, you can pack the saws in tight...head to toe. From left to right - tank first, then spikes first, then tank first, then spikes...continue. I like hanging bars and chains on a spike. I never store on a saw unless I am in the middle of sawing, or planning to go out sawing.

Planning on using osb, but covered with the galvanized rolled flashing, same I am covering the bench top with.

24" deep 14" apart. Should be able to get 4 of em easy enough.

Have 30+ good useable bars, I like the spike idea.

How bout chains? spike labeled dl/pitch/gauge? I use lots of different combos. Maybe a good spot for pegboard?