High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Help and fast please/info for course study?

~WBF

Thecallofthewildanswered1989-2017[PAID IN FULL!]
Local time
11:25 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I am challenging a course tomorrow and I can't find the study material.

She said it was 12 pages and 12 pages.
was the stuff I need to pay attention to.

I can't open links of my from email

Even if when a googled the course then I can't open up different things on there to read.

Soooo...I go up to the library on couldn't find the proper material to study.

The stuff I printed off appears to be more the the test end of things like fill in the blanks and stuff. (Enter the missing word) and draw what kind of felling cut.

I am in a different country so I need to no three different cuts and specs on things & terminology.
One cut would be the Danish pie cut.

This is what she emailed me below

Any effort would be appreciated.

Unit 201 and 202

Then unit 203
--------------------------------

Hi Jamie

Nice talking to you earlier.

Please see the links below to the City & Guilds NPTC Assessment Schedules as we discussed over the phone. This is what you will be assessed on. There will be no surprises, it all here in the schedules.

CS30 - Chainsaw Maint, Cross Cutting - Units 201/202

https://www.nptc.org.uk/assets/documents/faba2e597b6845a9a2085bf73e969be4.pdf

CITY & GUILDS NPTC LEVEL 2 AWARD IN CHAINSAW MAINTENANCE AND CROSS-CUTTING QAN 600/6161/3
www.nptc.org.uk
CITY & GUILDS NPTC LEVEL 2 AWARD IN CHAINSAW MAINTENANCE AND CROSS-CUTTING QAN 600/6161/3 QUALIFICATION GUIDANCE Independently Assessed Essential Qualification Information

CS31 - Felling of Trees up to 380mm - Units 203

https://www.nptc.org.uk/assets/documents/e8595af6654e4b2aa1f362ef41f2e2ea.pdf

CITY & GUILDS NPTC LEVEL 2 AWARD IN FELLING AND PROCESSING TREES UP TO 380mm QAN 600/6162/5 - nptc.org.uk
www.nptc.org.uk
CITY & GUILDS NPTC LEVEL 2 AWARD IN FELLING AND PROCESSING TREES UP TO 380mm QAN 600/6162/5 QUALIFICATION GUIDANCE Independently Assessed Essential Qualification Information

~WBF

Local time
User ID
Reaction score

~WBF

Local time
User ID
Reaction score

kfd518

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
6:25 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I was able to pull the study material up by copying and pasting the parts listed below into google. When the page opens you clan click on the red Bullet sections and it will bring each section of the study material up.

https://www.nptc.org.uk/qualificationschemedetail.aspx?id=331

https://www.nptc.org.uk/qualificationschemedetail.aspx?id=332

https://www.nptc.org.uk/qualificationschemedetail.aspx?id=333

Sorry the first part wouldn’t copy and paste
Link1 is 201 link 2 is 202 link3 is 203

EDIT It appears I’m having the same issue as you now it was pulling different info up when I first searched and now it automatically redirects to only the worksheet pages

HOWEVER, possible answers are listed on each work sheet.

Last edited:

Wonkydonkey

Plastic member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’ve done these last yr

It’s a dam long typing to answer all your possible questions. But the short answer is, I learnt the questions and answers parrot fashion. I’ve marked in red. The question (assessment criteria) the assessor guidance, is what amount of answers from the next column (assessment activities) so he asked you describe signs of disease in a tree, you only have to answer one answer but always better if you can answer with a few answer form the list and even add another of your own answers like leaf drop...etc... the next bit is if you were going to fell ity, you just have to answer one of the answers in the list, like bore cut if you thought it was hollow, leave a bigger hinge and have a line up in the tree to assist pulling it over or even two lines up to maintain a direction..
I found it just easier to give the answers on the list though..A6FC7EB8-5C22-43C2-84EC-26C03F7C4335.jpeg

~WBF

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
@kfd518 thanks brother I will get back to you next

@Wonkydonkey
Correct, she said 12 pages each that I needed to know and it was all in there.

There is nothing in either one that has 12 pages so out of desperation I copied about 55 pages like 01, 03, 04, and 05.

The one at the bottom in fine print looks more like something for the instructor.

I does specifically say 201/202
But yeah it looks like the test.
I don't see much for significant material in there....Again she is saying 12 p and 12p

I am glad you can't find it then became they can't take my money then.
The instructor has a class he will be evaluating tomorrow anyway.

Think she said the next was sept 8 so that's not to bad. I just hope I don't lose my money. Instructor fee and registration was £260.

Last edited:

Wonkydonkey

Plastic member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The next q 1.4 the assessor observers, there are quite a few of these.

You asked about the danish pie cut, earlier. Well you remember that vid I posted in one of your threads, that was a poor example of a danish pie aka danish default.

You have to show two cuts, one normal felling cut and you can choose the other, most peeps do a split level,, but I went for a danish pie..

If you want a chat you can pm me and I could call you, it would maybe easier. I will see if I can get the files you were talking about, I think they were on a husky site

Wonkydonkey

Plastic member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yes that sheet is for the assessor in the assessment, but your allowed to see it and read it, “remember it” but not have it during the assessment

~WBF

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I was able to pull the study material up by copying and pasting the parts listed below into google. When the page opens you clan click on the red Bullet sections and it will bring each section of the study material up.

https://www.nptc.org.uk/qualificationschemedetail.aspx?id=331

https://www.nptc.org.uk/qualificationschemedetail.aspx?id=332

https://www.nptc.org.uk/qualificationschemedetail.aspx?id=333

Sorry the first part wouldn’t copy and paste
Link1 is 201 link 2 is 202 link3 is 203

EDIT It appears I’m having the same issue as you now it was pulling different info up when I first searched and now it automatically redirects to only the worksheet pages

HOWEVER, possible answers are listed on each work sheet.
Thanks again friend. I did copy much of that at the library today but it doesn't seem to be the right study material to me now I am looking though. I hope I didn't get penalised and can book into next week's test.

Per as your PM.
I am a BC Faller but we don't use the same cutting techniques. It's the easy part anyway. @Wonkydonkey could help me with that by showing a few vids. A bit more to it all than that.

Philbert

Chainsaw Enthusiast
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Lot of good information there!

Thanks for sharing it.

Philbert

Wonkydonkey

Plastic member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
just testing if this uploads, chainsaw maintenance

Attachments

• b462a5b7028046ccaa758d56d7613a6e.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 6

kfd518

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Was primarily referring to the hazards it tells to look for and different accepted felling cuts that are portrayed quite well in the faller safe documents. I do understand there is more to it than faller safe material covers but most “test questions” can be answered from it. As well as the multiple cuts they show are nearly universally acceptable for most certification programs.
I do certainly hope you find the info you’re searching for, and pass your assessment.
I will hopefully be doing the wildland faller course soon. Just don’t have the time at the moment nor can I deploy to major fires since we don’t have child care for me to be able to be gone for days/weeks.

Last edited:

Wonkydonkey

Plastic member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Split level cut . Although I was shown not to come in from the back, but to bore cut into the tree, about half way and line the hinge up, then come straight out the back.. place felling wedge in. Then go round to the other side and cut up to the hinge (hinge being 10% of tree) take saw out and lift felling lever...

Wonkydonkey

Plastic member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Here’s my not so good pie cut, that got hung up, notice I walked a bit close around the back while hung up. I think there was another tree between me and the hung up one. But for assessment a big wide birth around is better. You can see me cut the hinge, it was not the best idea to kick it off the stump. Eh,, but i did..( was not on the assessment) then I used the wooden pole to walk it out. Notice how I took my time and assessed every move I made and what the tree did

Wonkydonkey

Plastic member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I forgot to say a felling a leaning tree, holding cut /dog tooth

You may ave notice me putting in little sticks in the gob/face cut. We were shown this as a way to easily see where the face cut ends while lining up the hinge.

I was also told about this when cutting a dog tooth/holding cut , as it made it easier to line the saw up for the cut..

~WBF

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Was primarily referring to the hazards it tells to look for and different accepted felling cuts that are portrayed quite well in the faller safe documents. I do understand there is more to it than faller safe material covers but most “test questions” can be answered from it. As well as the multiple cuts they show are nearly universally acceptable for most certification programs.
I do certainly hope you find the info you’re searching for, and pass your assessment.
I will hopefully be doing the wildland faller course soon. Just don’t have the time at the moment nor can I deploy to major fires since we don’t have child care for me to be able to be gone for days/weeks.
That's the funny part, if they had purchased the rights to put their name on the BC Faller training training standards when we wouldn't be having this discussion. When I was Heli-falling on certain jobs then it wasn't uncommon for a superior to run me through the BC Fallers 24 page evaluation.
That is what you have to do to Certify as a BC Faller.
We are talking a different language over here, so to speak. It's a combined entry level course into a medium course. It's all that is required for this job at this time.
There is a lot of tools that go alone with it for assist. They even have stacking firewood specs in height and procedures. It's the circle of life. I am back wearing diapers...lol I was a danger tree assessor in harvesting & Silviculture & also Wildland Fire module for 8 yrs also in BC.
It's not North American.

Good luck to you to man.
Play it safe.

Philbert

Chainsaw Enthusiast
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I just looked through these standards quickly. Are there sections that deal specifically with cutting storm damage trees?

Thanks

Philbert