Hedgerow

ONE OF THE GREATEST.....LONG LEGGED MIDGETS
Local time
2:21 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Are you bringing vinny sticks?
If you're here Friday night, you'll get to eat the phenomena that is Lewis' venison backstrap candy...
It's amazing stuff.. I forget what he puts in that marinade, but it's grilled awesomeness..

I gotta remember to get the wood mizer here and cutting too. One of those pine logs I got from Tony needs to be on display and milled for everybody to see.

rsting

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
OK, I'm excited! I've been wanting to come to a GTG for a few years, but I always find out too late. I did get to Ft. Scott a couple of years ago, but was with a buddy, and he had to leave before it even got started. I live just south of Carthage in Granby, so its not even much of a drive.
I don't really have anything worth competing with in the regular classes, but I do have some vintage ones I'll bring just to run for the heck of it.
Anything a new guy should know before I get there? What day and time does it get started? I am going to clear my schedule for this one.
Oh, I just found this forum yesterday, so I don't know any of you yet, but I may know some of you in person. I've been trading and working on saws in this area for a long time.

Hedgerow

ONE OF THE GREATEST.....LONG LEGGED MIDGETS
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
OK, I'm excited! I've been wanting to come to a GTG for a few years, but I always find out too late. I did get to Ft. Scott a couple of years ago, but was with a buddy, and he had to leave before it even got started. I live just south of Carthage in Granby, so its not even much of a drive.
I don't really have anything worth competing with in the regular classes, but I do have some vintage ones I'll bring just to run for the heck of it.
Anything a new guy should know before I get there? What day and time does it get started? I am going to clear my schedule for this one.
Oh, I just found this forum yesterday, so I don't know any of you yet, but I may know some of you in person. I've been trading and working on saws in this area for a long time.
The official shindig will start Saturday morning around 9 ish.
We aren't real punctual.
Guys will be farting around Friday evening though.
"Safety meeting", we'll call it.

Hinerman

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Don't listen to Matt, the party starts Friday, especially since you live so close. FWIW, Matt had me at a GTG in TN by 8:00am Friday.

WKEND LUMBERJAK

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The official shindig will start Saturday morning around 9 ish.
We aren't real punctual.
Guys will be farting around Friday evening though.
"Safety meeting", we'll call it.
Don't you mean trying out different filing fluid.o_Oo_O

Redhorse

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Don't listen to Matt, the party starts Friday, especially since you live so close. FWIW, Matt had me at a GTG in TN by 8:00am Friday.

What he said. . . I showed up on Friday before hedgefest 2015 (I think ) and there was all kinds of stuff going on and being told! I had to work Saturday but there are plenty of people around all day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Homelite410

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This by far is my favorite GtG! Here is '13 pic..
ba0b2e1f81f1245253d02ec7d774f047.jpg

Definitive Dave

Piss Rev Mafia Member
GoldMember
Local time
3:21 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
preppin'

should be good to go by then with 3/4/5/6/unlimited gas muffler, 4/5/unlimited alky, 3/4/5/6 stock
how old does a saw have to be to compete in a vintage class? I have some 056 and 076 contenders, should have a Strunk Speed Demon and Mac 797 ready to go by then, but all are modified so not sure where that leaves me

Any of you east guys who want to carpool, let me know, I am planning to get a 15 passenger van and a trailer, its about 11.5 hours from my place, figure a couple guys split the driving, easy peasy
Dave