ouxkx5.jpg

Last edited:

TJ the Chainsaw Mechanic

Old Homelites rule!
Local time
7:33 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Perhaps you're being sarcastic, in which case ignore the rest of my post.

You're 18, right? Or almost 18 perhaps? Did you know that blood circulation gets worse the older you get? Also, I'm not sure where you live in Oregon, but there's places that people cut wood in sub-zero temperatures. You spend much time cutting below zero? If so, please enlighten me about which "good pair of gloves" I should try out. Keep in mind, heated handles on some models adds about $100 to the price. There's some nice gloves out there, but they aren't cheap. Saving money on heated handles only to have to buy $40 gloves instead of the $7 ones I wear is a false economy. Also, right before I got a heated saw, I was on a tree removal job. Started the day at 40 degrees with rain. By 3:00 it was about 18 and snowing. I had soaked through 3 pairs of gloves and was on my fourth pair of the day. I could barely feel my fingers. Heated handles would have been a godsend that day.

Overrated? Maybe to you. To me, priceless (unless you're selling a heated saw to me. In that case, yeah they're nice, but it's not like I can't live without them. ;))

I was being sarcastic. Hence the Wink face. Sheesh! Humor gone or what?

CR500

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
10:33 PM
User ID
Reaction score
After being spoiled with my Arctic 661.....I wish all my saws had heated handles.

I can get all the parts for my 064 except the friggin flywheel lol.

Have not even looked into what the 7900 needs to be heated.

It is nice to turn the heat off in the summer, and in the fall turn it on when needed.

As woodchuckr said once

"Real men don't use gloves. They use heated handles."

Sent from my non internal combustion device.

TJ the Chainsaw Mechanic

Old Homelites rule!
Local time
7:33 PM
User ID
Reaction score
After being spoiled with my Arctic 661.....I wish all my saws had heated handles.

I can get all the parts for my 064 except the friggin flywheel lol.

Have not even looked into what the 7900 needs to be heated.

It is nice to turn the heat off in the summer, and in the fall turn it on when needed.

As woodchuckr said once

"Real men don't use gloves. They use heated handles."

Sent from my non internal combustion device.
I don't use gloves Or heated handles. Guess that makes me Crazy. lol

Ryan Browne

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
9:33 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So I just checked Canada Post Tracking and @Ryan Browne and @Gravitas your saws are out for delivery today.

4 days ahead of schedule, that's awesome news!! Especially since my wife will be gone all afternoon...

I did some thinning in my new sugarbush section yesterday (it's a lot easier to drop trees and skid logs before there's tubing everywhere). It was darned cold. Thanks to @old guy I kept my fingers warm on the 440vw I have, but even with an 18" bar it was a little overkill considering the biggest tree I felled was probably 14". The 261 will be put to use within 24 hours of delivery. :)

Gravitas

Super OPE Member
Local time
10:33 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag