Healing from wood cutting

Terry Syd

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
5:29 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Here's something right out of 'Star Trek' with the doctor 'Bones' healing a patient with just his little light beam. I read about 'infrared therapy' and thought it was likely some sort of shonky hustle. I did a bunch of research, including medical articles, and it seemed positive - so I purchased one of the infrared belts.

I've had various strained muscles and a bad back for years. Cutting wood my back would really start to hurt - some of you guys might relate to that.

So I put the belt on and an hour later my back felt better. The medical articles indicated that the effect was CUMULATIVE. That is, it promotes HEALING. It is not a temporary pain relief concept, but affects the inter-cellular mitochondria. The mitochondria are what moves the nutrients around in the cells - good stuff in, bad stuff out - that kind of thing.

After having some success with it, I loaned it to a farmer mate with his bad back, knee and a knot in his upper arm. He called the next day and wanted to buy the belt - it fixed his problems.

So I bought another belt for myself and sold him my first belt. My wife suffers from osteoporosis and has a lot of back pain. I finally got her to try it on her shoulders. A half hour later she said "It's a miracle!"

Do the research yourself. If you're sore from cutting one day, perhaps the infrared therapy will help you get up the next day to have another go.

angelo c

Coal Member
Local time
3:29 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Here's something right out of 'Star Trek' with the doctor 'Bones' healing a patient with just his little light beam. I read about 'infrared therapy' and thought it was likely some sort of shonky hustle. I did a bunch of research, including medical articles, and it seemed positive - so I purchased one of the infrared belts.

I've had various strained muscles and a bad back for years. Cutting wood my back would really start to hurt - some of you guys might relate to that.

So I put the belt on and an hour later my back felt better. The medical articles indicated that the effect was CUMULATIVE. That is, it promotes HEALING. It is not a temporary pain relief concept, but affects the inter-cellular mitochondria. The mitochondria are what moves the nutrients around in the cells - good stuff in, bad stuff out - that kind of thing.

After having some success with it, I loaned it to a farmer mate with his bad back, knee and a knot in his upper arm. He called the next day and wanted to buy the belt - it fixed his problems.

So I bought another belt for myself and sold him my first belt. My wife suffers from osteoporosis and has a lot of back pain. I finally got her to try it on her shoulders. A half hour later she said "It's a miracle!"

Do the research yourself. If you're sore from cutting one day, perhaps the infrared therapy will help you get up the next day to have another go.

Can you port it ?

J/K.....

Glad you found some relief from your pain. Anything that works...works for me. I've found a lot of back excorsises works for me .....but I'm not above something new.

Terry Syd

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
One of the studies I found had 50 people with low back pain. They gave 25 a 'placebo' belt and the other 25 one with the infrared technology. They all used their belts once a day.

The people recorded their various pain levels. The placebo people were essentially flat, a bit of relief one day, worse the next. However, the infrared folks showed a continuous drop in pain over a six week period. At the end of the study their pain had reduced by half.

It is also used to treat Navy Seals for various injuries and is used on submarines. Like I said, do the research yourself.

I just did two days of cutting that would usually knock me around. I put the belt on the first night, again the next morning and then after I finished cutting/loading. I could go out cutting again today as my back feels fine. The muscle spasm that I've had in my upper left arm (anterior deltoid) for years no longer bothers me.

Weird science, but if it works, it works.

smokey7

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Very interested in a non painkiller method of getting relief. I would love a link on where to purchase the unit that you have. Im sure that some brands work better then others. Thank you for the indo so far.

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I thought infrared therapy was a bunch of bullshiite when I first heard about it. After our dog had surgery on her foot/lower leg infrared therapy was recomended. It was done with a little goofy wand (and required our 110lb GSD to wear safety goggles which was comically adorable) and i’ll be damned if she didn’t show improvement the next day. 2 weeks of 3 per week and it was incredible at the speed of the recovery.

I would absolutely try it for myself as I refuse to spend the rest of my life on painkillers.

Dustin4185

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have had IR therapy with ultrasound therapy on different areas. I figured the insurance company was paying, so why not. That stuff works. I didn't realize they had a "home use" version out now. I will have to check into this.

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
The middle of the land shaped like a hand
Country flag
I built my own because I'm a cheap bastage:

http://drlwilson.com/SAUNAS/SAUNA PLANS.htm

http://www.endofthreefitness.com/sauna/

Stuff is readily available at any big box store or farm supply store. I started with a 4 light unit I could hang in a bathroom.

1403490898.png
When I liked the results, I decided to build a small 3'x5'x5' sauna out of pallet wood and reflectix bubble insulation. You can skip the insulation if you wanted, but my sauna is in the basement and took to long to heat up in the winter. The light unit in my sauna now looks like this:
2016-01-29 19.13.35.jpg

This stuff seems quacky at first but it fookin works.

Terry Syd

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The wavelengths of the infrared/near infrared that penetrate into your flesh. Apparently the light will actually go 6" inside you.

This is the belt I have - https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/SE-LED-...961784&hash=item489a4c414f:g:NyMAAOSwj85YO9Gh

The previous one I sold to my mate was A$250 and a bit smaller, but it did the same thing.

Just go to Ebay and search 'infrared light therapy', there is all sorts of items available. I wanted a belt I could wrap around whatever part of my body I wanted to treat.

foeke

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Nice if new stuff is proven to work in a double blind research (compared with a placebo). Even nicer if it relieves your pain (if it was a placebo it can still work. I'm a strong believer in the use of a placebo affect. All in favour of every doctor having a big pile of pink placebo penicillin for flu patients who can't wait it out).
Mitochondria are the Energy providers of the cell BTW. They brake down sugar and produce ATP wich is the actual gasoline of the body.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Wonkydonkey

Plastic member
Local time
8:29 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Mitochondria are the Energy providers of the cell BTW. They brake down sugar and produce ATP wich is the actual gasoline of the body.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Correct, they are the powerhouses of every cell

Terry Syd

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yeah, if you are a disbeliever, but want to disprove it, then get a small device to see it it works for you. If over a few weeks you start to see some positive results. Then you have to decide if it is a placebo or genuine results.

Right now my wife is waiting to have her shot for osteoporosis in April. She didn't think she could make it and wanted it yesterday. Now she thinks she will make it to April.

It's a matter for you, I just threw it out there for any people to consider if they are having some pain problems - cutting wood can push the limits.

Brian72

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Very interesting. I'm pretty sure we all suffer from just getting older. It sure beats popping pills. I'll be looking into it. Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

Brian72

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
A friend of mine is a retired SEAL. I'll have to ask him about this. I don't doubt that this is proven technology. Hell, 5 minutes of stretching makes a big difference for me.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

wyksta

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
8:29 PM
User ID
Reaction score
The layman's term for infra-red is 'heat'. You are using a heat belt. Infra-Red does not penetrate the skin very much at all compared to something like microwaves. What you are using is heat therapy. It isn't new, and a belt with a simple heating element will also product infra-red radiation, AKA photons. A hot bath will likely have similar results.
Ultra sound is something completely different.