High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Have you ever built a saw for someone.....

redlight066

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
5:13 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
And on his first test cut, stuffs it over and over again?? Urrrgggg Now the saw did have OEM west coast dawgs and I leaned on it hard during testing. He called them "teeth" and used them like a pry bar. Finally he eased up on his "leverage skills" and seemed pretty happy with the saw.

Here's the "rest of the story". Guy comes over to my shop and eyes my china ms440 build off saw and says Ohhhh I gotta have it. I say lemme get the rest of the saw back to OEM and we agree on a very reasonable price. I wanted an OEM case, crank and bearings in it for piece of mind. So I gathered up parts and built it. HLSupply Cylinder was already ported (base and band cut, finger ports)

Tested the saw and its strong, ran great with full skip 32" bar and hand filed round chain. I got a little aggressive with the rakers (this may be where I f'ed up). BUT It sucked up to the wood nicely and really pulled hard with good RPM in the cut.

Woke up this morning and I'm still shaking my head about this. We all put a lot of effort into building saws. I truly enjoy putting a saw in someone's hands and watch him grin like he's a kid again. I guess ya can't win em' all .........

cus_deluxe

terms of service violator
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I freshened up an 028 super for a friend not long ago, needed rubber parts/carb kit/clutch drum etc..Wanted it as a backup saw for his tree service. I test cut with it, seemed to be about what i expected from it. Gave it back to him amd texted him a week or so later asking how it was, he says “not that good”. Lol. I tried to warn him that its not a 550xp but i think most of his guys have never used a saw other than 200t/550/562/372 so they just figured this thing would run the same way. Nope haha.

redlight066

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hindsight is 20/20. Should have seen this coming. Last time he was here, he stuffed my redlight 066 wearing the same bar and chain. I've got a bad feeling the 440 will be back on the bench sooner than later. I put his 24" bar and chain on it before he left. Chain adjuster was pretty tight. Think he bent something stuffing it.

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
No to the question,yes to rebuilding a stock saw. Many as a matter of fact .I figured early on the way people cry like little children about ported saws they think should run like they are in the Timber sports series it wasn't for me .Just telling it like I see it .

Frank bierce

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
2:13 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Had a buddy bring in his trusty 032. Put some new av buffers, and tuned it properly. Got it back a week later, he couldn’t get it to run...said it was the best it had ever run or cut.....
Opened the fuel tank, to find it full of oil o_O

Wood Doctor

Edwin
Local time
4:13 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Stalling the saw from pushing on it too hard/aggressive chain. If you run it like this for too long you’ll smoke the clutch.
Another good way to smoke the clutch or ruin the clutch bearing is to run it the way the guy across town did -- fill his 028 Super's bar oil tank with used cooking oil that his favorite restaurant threw out. After two or three tanks of fuel and cooking oil, two clutch springs snapped and the bearing was deep fried. A month or so later the sprocket was shot.

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It never made an ounce of sense to me they made a fuss of running Av gas,pure none ethanol gasoline,racing gasoline and what not then run salad oil for bar lube .I just don't get it .
Extra virgin olive oil,say what ? Extra and virgin don't go together in the same sentence .

Homemade

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My aunt has a a dolmar 6000 she was looking for a tune up on. Knowing she wasn’t going to cut more then two toothpicks with it, I should have told her it was junk and kept it for myself. But being a good nephew, I sent it back with her.

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a friend that runs saws like that. I’ve never built one for him but when he ran a couple of my saws in the fall he made them look like gutless turds. The chain on his saw is always an awful dust maker and prying is the only thing that makes it cut. He doesn’t know how to run a saw with a chain that actually feeds the way it should. I sharpened his chain and set the rakers and he was stalling his saw like he did mine and said “I don’t like how that feels”. He’s not allowed to run my saws anymore lol

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My aunt has a a dolmar 6000 she was looking for a tune up on. Knowing she wasn’t going to cut more then two toothpicks with it, I should have told her it was junk and kept it for myself. But being a good nephew, I sent it back with her.

Should of swapped that out for a BRAND new corded saws. You know to save her maintenance and stuff.

Homemade

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Oh trust me dub, I thought about it. She was raised on a farm and became a city girl in the last 10 years or so. She knows her way around a saw. I even thought about swapping it out for a new ms180 or Hoosky 353. I just told her she has a nice piece of equipment, and I have dibs if she decided to part with it.

Loanstar

When I grow up I want to be a "they"
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
The non-mechanically inclined people seem to be the worst. Usually overeducated or at least think they know it all. And don't know jack. Most problems in OPE come down to the carburetor/fuel. I've gotten several things running for a neighbor, tractor,weed eater, saw ... And they use it one time. Put it away and try to crank it a yr later with bad gas in it. Then blame me.