Hate to say it...

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
6:46 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
True, but sad for families dealing with the aftermath.

Fresch

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Had a guy on the job site that huffed gas, he denied it you could smell it, until after lunch one day he walked back into the job with gold paint from the bridge of his snoot to the bottom of his chin; like he just earned his "red wings" he still denied it! I made him, I was Forman, go look in my side mirror. When he came back he then told me gold spray paint gets you higher! Talk about brain dead.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
5:46 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I asked the guys I work with this morning if they think a good smelling chainsaw would be cool, were gonna zip tie air fresheners to the air filters.

It was like a scene from a movie...:lol:

They're doing it wrong.

I didnt say anything about a chainsaw. Them fugging things are skeery.

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Nope. Went through all of this last year. Not one place in new england that I could find. I called every marina on ocean and lake. Only places that have it are airports. 100LL
But they wont sell it to me. Guy looked out the window and said no wings, no fuel. Lol
Believe me, I called every single place!
I use canned fuel. VP SEF. Buy it by the 5 gallon can. Stuff aint cheap.
This sucks for NE guys. We need to fix this eth problem with a cheaper source. I'm not running canned fuel in my mill. I hate eth. Only thing local besides E10 or E15 is fuggin E85 :dancing::demon7::flamethrower2::vomiton22je:
It's great for new cars and modern fuel deliver systems.

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I have read avgas is super bad in two strokes, they have antifreeze qualities formulated into it and that breaks down premixes, and some mixes will separate, back in the day I use to avgas in my banshee and 250r’s I ran it for a long time! Then I read an article on fuel in a quad magazine, I made the switch to race gas and the change was amazing! At the same intervals the piston and bore wear was much less, much less scuffing and tiny scratches! I will never run avgas again! Plus it is formulated for high elevation, and that isn’t as good for things on the ground! Lol
Your problem was lead pills. They are not what you think they are. Lead but, by no means soft after the burn. Cut it with pump high test 50/50, run it only in nikasil or cast iron cylinders and you'll be fine.

Bigmac

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
3:46 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Your problem was lead pills. They are not what you think they are. Lead but, by no means soft after the burn. Cut it with pump high test 50/50, run it only in nikasil or cast iron cylinders and you'll be fine.
I am still not going back, lol, if I did anything I would cut race gas 50/50. I build my 250r for 110, so that’s what I have around, and and am happy with it:) I run a few of my old saws on it because I also mix 32:1

smokey7

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I know alot of people that have just silly hours on outboards running the blue supertech. Im sure its just fine oil if used for its intended application. One of my riding buddies run the blue bottle in his heavily modified freestyle ski and has in every water cooled 2t engine he ever had. Claims to have never had a oil related failure. Myself if i spent the 5 grand or more to build one of these motors im running the best stuff i can get. I have seen the internals of his motors after a couple seasons and to be honest i couldn't find one issue with how the oil performed. Ring lands clean, no appreciable scuffing, no real wear on the skirts or bores. I mean it works well and is cheap. Now these are not wfo all day motors they kinda just brap around in the rollers. But they are running huge tining advances with very high compression low pitch impellers with dry pipes jetted very sharp. On these motors if you held rhem wfo for 30 sec you would likely stick a piston just from the extream heat and expansion from the advance and compression. Now i doubt my bouy boat would live a long life on the cheap stuff. Hell i wore the hell out of my sleeves and pistons with saber outboard real bad at 50:1 and pretty bad at 32:1. All that wear stopped once i switched to mystic sea and snow. Im on my 3 rd season on the same top end. The topend was shot by the end of the season before my switch. The oil made all the difference for me.

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I personally would never use it. Just me.