Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
10:05 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I would never run 109 octane in my saws. I thought the saws ran stronger on 89-90 octane fuel. Most I would ever use is the VP SEF 94 octane fuel.

I snag 102 cuz of the longer shelf life. Plus it smells good too. And yeah the 89-90 is supposed to make more power I've heard.

Last edited:

Bigmac

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
8:05 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have read avgas is super bad in two strokes, they have antifreeze qualities formulated into it and that breaks down premixes, and some mixes will separate, back in the day I use to avgas in my banshee and 250r’s I ran it for a long time! Then I read an article on fuel in a quad magazine, I made the switch to race gas and the change was amazing! At the same intervals the piston and bore wear was much less, much less scuffing and tiny scratches! I will never run avgas again! Plus it is formulated for high elevation, and that isn’t as good for things on the ground! Lol

tp2177

Super OPE Member
Local time
11:05 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I know that part of the airplane prechecks we had to do during our pilot school was to check the bottom of the Cessna tanks for water before each flight. Not sure if draws fluid or if the altitude change did. It had moisture several times though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Bigmac

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I am not so much sure about the moisture drawing characteristics, more of that if there’s moisture in the fuel it has an antifreeze Quality that keeps it from freezing up fuel lines at High elevations, And that antifreeze breaks down premixes, at least that’s my understanding of it

Deets066

AKA Deetsey
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Most likely just some alcohol, probly not any “antifreeze” as that doesn’t combust at all

Bigmac

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I don’t think it is antifreeze itself but it has quality to help with freezing, and it is a lower vapor fuel to help with vapor lock.

I didn’t have problems with avgas, but when doing multiple tear downs on my motors I won’t run it again, when I switch to race gas my motors ran better and looked way better on tear down, looked like new with the same number of hours, I change pistons in my banshee and 250r way before the “need” new ones, and the difference was night and day, I am not pushing anything, I just wouldn’t recommend it personally.

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ashland Oil is the biggest gas supplier in Kentucky and they have been adding Ethanol for decades. Has always said so right on the pump. Ive never had any trouble out of it with fuel stabilizer and a sealed can. The latter may be even more important. I know lots of people who "fix" smog cans by adding a vent hole or removing the baffles from the spout, creating a water magnet for their fuel. Thus, ensuring more side jobs for me!

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
10:05 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You a huffer W?
why you asking.....

The scariest / saddest summer of my of my life includes lots of kids huffing gas. Not a good scene at all.
yeah I've seen a few that have huffed to much. It's hard to feel bad though cuz they new dam good and well not to do it .