Hate to say it...

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
1:51 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thoso guys in my area that I repair equipment for know how to use their equipment and make money. They could care less about tune, oil, specs, ported saws, or any of this we talk about. They care that it cranks, does the job , and makes money
Exactly. Not all of them are like that, but a good amount see the saw as a tool that can be replaced just like a rake or shovel. As long as it makes them money and gets er done that’s what they want.

Keith Gandy

Maxima K2 40:1 87 Pump Gas
Local time
12:51 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Example: This lawncare professional brings his FS56RC trimmer which he called a Stihl commercial trimmer in and said it was making noise but less than a year old. I listen to it and ask what oil and ratio he used in which he replied Stihl in the silver bottle and he thinks 50to1.

Last edited:

Keith Gandy

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Exactly. Not all of them are like that, but a good amount see the saw as a tool that can be replaced just like a rake or shovel. As long as it makes them money and gets er done that’s what they want.
Almost all of them in my area are like that. A few put thought into it. They are very good for business though!:D They breakem and I fixem $$$$$$:eek::D

Adirondackstihl

Vert Da Furk........Bork Bork Bork
Local time
1:51 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
No sir, D9 operator for International Paper for 26yrs
Way cooler than wrenching on saws.
I can’t work on other people’s equipment anymore. Takes too much time and there’s just way too much stupid out there.
My patience has dwindled to less than what’s needed to work on other people’s sh!t. Specifically since my surgery and the “on the outs” with my wife.

Example:
Cousin texts me last night.
Says he has a Husqvarna 36 that he brought to the local dealer to get fixed. They tore it apart for fuel system overhaul and discovered an ethanol damaged carb. They quoted him $80 for the entire repair. Which.....I don’t think is horrible.
He gets pissed, takes it home in pieces and then texts me, sayin it just needs a fuel line, can you fix it? Do you still work on chainsaws?
I ask him, “did it sit with pump gas in it and how long”?
3 yrs that saw sat with ethanol in it.
I quote him $80 over the phone.
If it weren’t family, I’d have said NO all together.
Told him to bring it over and I’d look at it for him.
So this AM, he sends me a screen shot of a $17 “POWERUP” kit on Amazon. New junk fuel hose, China carb, junk air filter, KGN spark plug and (2) lead filled junk fuel filters.......he captions the screen shot.......Im gonna order this, I’ll bring it over with the saw.

My reply (to which he hasn’t replied to yet) was, “No, don’t buy that Chinese garbage”.
Apparently, by lack of acknowledgment to my love for Chinese garbage, he already ordered it.

Last edited:

Wonkydonkey

Plastic member
Local time
6:51 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yeh , I hear yah,
I love fixin my own stupid things, but boy I hate fixin others stupidity
I don't remember how many times I've said don't over tighten the fuel cap on the fs55 trimmer, there's even a sign been put up. The seal gets chewed up too much for my likin,

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I can’t work on other people’s equipment anymore. Takes too much time and there’s just way too much stupid out there.
My patience has dwindled to less than what’s needed to work on other people’s sh!t. Specifically since my surgery and the “on the outs” with my wife.

Example:
Says he has a Husqvarna 36 that he brought to the local dealer to get fixed. They tore it apart for fuel system overhaul and discovered an ethanol damaged carb. They quoted him $80 for the entire repair. Which.....I don’t think is horrible.
He gets pissed, takes it home in pieces and then texts me, sayin it just needs a fuel line, can you fix it? Do you still work on chainsaws?
So this AM, he sends me a screen shot of a $17 “POWERUP” kit on Amazon. New junk fuel hose, China carb, junk air filter, KGN spark plug and (2) lead filled junk fuel filters.......he captions the screen shot.......Im gonna order this, I’ll bring it over with the saw.

My reply (to which he hasn’t replied to yet) was, “No, don’t buy that Chinese garbage”.
Apparently, by lack of acknowledgment to my love for Chinese garbage, he already ordered it.

If it was my cousin I'd kick him in the sack as soon as I opened the door.

Keith Gandy

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Example:

Yes sir! I spend more time communicating with customers and looking up parts than working on the equipment

Ron660

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Exactly my findings.
I’ll see if I can find a pic of (2) 10mm 044 slugs that had around 10gal of fuel on em....

Exactly how they came out of the saws.
These were Meteor slugs that were replaced with OEM when I discovered the pin boss issue with Meteor

800 2T @ 32:1 with VP C9 on one and pump gas on the other
View attachment 125967
Have you tried Motul 710?