High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Has anyone used these?

firefighterwolf

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
5:10 PM
User ID
Reaction score
MS 200t spark plug thread size is 14 x 1.25. I've done several (other saws). Just want to make sure you keep the tap steady and straight, don't use too long of an insert, and do it with the cylinder off of the saw.

BigRed96

Super OPE Member
Local time
8:10 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Cool, Thanks everybody for the replies.
MS 200t spark plug thread size is 14 x 1.25. I've done several (other saws). Just want to make sure you keep the tap steady and straight, don't use too long of an insert, and do it with the cylinder off of the saw.
Thanks for the information FireFighter!

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
For reasons completely unknown and as far as I know undisclosed Stihl has had some 441's that won't hold a plug .The fix is a heli coil type insert .If they have a problem past experience says they seldom admit it .

Having worked in the automotive engine manufacturing business for nearly 30 years about the only thing that will screw up a plug hole is an over sized reamer prior to tapping the hole .Precission CNC style taps are seldom out of specs but reamers can be if they aren't checked .One tap ran on a CNC machine can literally tap thousands of holes before it needs changed .Anything can happen though in mass manufacturing and it not get noticed for years after the fact .---chit happens ---

angelo c

Coal Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
For reasons completely unknown and as far as I know undisclosed Stihl has had some 441's that won't hold a plug .The fix is a heli coil type insert .If they have a problem past experience says they seldom admit it .

Having worked in the automotive engine manufacturing business for nearly 30 years about the only thing that will screw up a plug hole is an over sized reamer prior to tapping the hole .Precission CNC style taps are seldom out of specs but reamers can be if they aren't checked .One tap ran on a CNC machine can literally tap thousands of holes before it needs changed .Anything can happen though in mass manufacturing and it not get noticed for years after the fact .---chit happens ---
I have a 441 that stripped....repaired with a Helicoil .....and that stripped....
I have on 066 that the recoil threads stripped out...repaired with time serts....and they stripped.....I suck.