Has anyone bought a Joncutter saw from hudzl

Leafy

Super OPE Member
Local time
11:22 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It's light for a 45cc saw and with the bored and stroked 52cc saw its really able to get 50+cc power. So yeah, good saw.

Tractorsaw1

Super OPE Member
Local time
10:22 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I wanted to get that x bull for my son - he's crazy about bulls lol - isn't there a 62cc with an inboard clutch that was a better saw?

Leafy

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Supposedly. My 62cc x-bull measured to 52cc by bore and stroke. I called the seller out and they gave me a full refund.

Leafy

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If that was really the size that would be a scary saw, way light and wimpy AV and handle for that much power. No way it's real though unless theres like hardly any fin length on the jug.

NSEric

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
12:22 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I have one that's a 62, a timberpro 6150, actual size is 61.5cc.
They don't make timberpro's anymore but I see the same saw is sold as a parker 62cc on ebay now.
These saws share everything except the bore/stroke with the 45, 52 and 58cc ones. I added a intake from leafy, 365 carb and ported it, it has more bit more tq than the joncutter 5800(54.6cc) with the same mods.

It appears to be hard to get the 62 with the inboard clutch and it is a bigger totally different saw.

ammoaddict

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have one that's a 62, a timberpro 6150, actual size is 61.5cc.
They don't make timberpro's anymore but I see the same saw is sold as a parker 62cc on ebay now.
These saws share everything except the bore/stroke with the 45, 52 and 58cc ones. I added a intake from leafy, 365 carb and ported it, it has more bit more tq than the joncutter 5800(54.6cc) with the same mods.

It appears to be hard to get the 62 with the inboard clutch and it is a bigger totally different saw.
So are the 45, 52,and 58 all the same weight?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Leafy

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So are the 45, 52,and 58 all the same weight?

Basically. The bigger saws are going to weigh slightly more because the stroke and rod are slightly longer. They shouldn't be different enough in weight for you to tell from just picking them up, even back to back.

NSEric

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I had a 45/52 and still have a 58 and 62, they all weigh the same amount. I cant tell a difference when picking them up.

There's not much point in huztl even having a 45, the 58 weighs the same with more power.

ammoaddict

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I had a 45/52 and still have a 58 and 62, they all weigh the same amount. I cant tell a difference when picking them up.

There's not much point in huztl even having a 45, the 58 weighs the same with more power.
That's what I was wondering. I didn't want to buy a smaller saw with the same weight as a bigger one. I have found 52cc ones on eBay for $75 with bar and chain. The Jon cutter 58cc is like $110 PHO. I can't see the huztl ones being any better than the eBay ones, can you?

NSEric

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
The guys assembling the joncutters do a better job then the guys assembling the cheaper ones on ebay IMO.
For guys who need the saw to run good out of the box the joncutter is a little better. If you go through the saw checking all the bolts, fuel lines and stuff yourself before running it there's not much difference.
The bars that come on these are junk IMO, my timberpro bar blew the tip before I wore out one chain and I never bore cut anything, the chain was way slower than Oregon chain too plus soft. So I wouldn't consider the saw coming with a bar/chain a plus as you will likely end up buying a decent one anyway.

The 58 also runs better than the 52 in my experience, the 62 is even better imo.

Leafy

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I didnt think the bar was too bad, I made a few bore cuts with mine till I got a 3/8 pitch bar and chain for it. Mine has no problem with 3/8th and a 7 pin in 12" hardwood or 18" softwood. Anything over 8" though and I tend to grab the 372 since it's faster

ammoaddict

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The guys assembling the joncutters do a better job then the guys assembling the cheaper ones on ebay IMO.
For guys who need the saw to run good out of the box the joncutter is a little better. If you go through the saw checking all the bolts, fuel lines and stuff yourself before running it there's not much difference.
The bars that come on these are junk IMO, my timberpro bar blew the tip before I wore out one chain and I never bore cut anything, the chain was way slower than Oregon chain too plus soft. So I wouldn't consider the saw coming with a bar/chain a plus as you will likely end up buying a decent one anyway.

The 58 also runs better than the 52 in my experience, the 62 is even better imo.
Good info. I have talked myself out of buying either one. I just don't need it and I finally convinced myself of that.

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Need? Nobody in the thread "needs" any of these saws, including me. :)

It's really just some cheap fun and part of the hobby. And something different for guys to mess with.

Need or not, since I can't make up my mind on which one, I'm liable to end up with two of them. Odd ball versions like the X-bull or Parker. Kind of loaded down with non customer project saws for friends at the moment, but there's some fun to be had here.

Leafy and Eric have shared an awful lot of good info here so anyone who wants to mess with these saws has a valuable head start on what to look for. Same goes for Dave on the 365/372 clones. Good dudes make for a good site. :)

thesawincanada

For the love of saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I have the 5800 model runs really crisp. Really love the easy start mechanism. I bought one for my Naybour he is a logger has put tons of hours on it with the husky bar, it’s light with good power, no issues just he has to clean out chain brake it has packed up with chips and brake wouldn’t engage but that is all. Hudztl now selling a lot of replacement parts on their site. On main page you go to other. I have ordered all the spair parts starters side covers handles etc.

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So, are these Joncutter saws gray market like the various Asian compact tractors? As in, imported here without the usual smog and safety approvals that name brand stuff goes through? Evidentally, some of these machines get sold under brand names. Alpina sells a cute little top handle in Europe that is one of these, and I believe the new Efco 52cc and 56cc saws are similarly sourced

NSEric

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
The joncutter saws wont pass any emissions test but they have chain brakes so they're as safe as any saw.
They spec 25-1 premix, don't have cats or spark arresters in the mufflers and have easy to adjust carbs, all the things the epa hates lol.
I think my neighbor's is going to buy one after running mine, its hard to find a saw that's 200 bucks Canadian that's better than the 5800.

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That's funny, the big bad EPA can't stop the flood of non-emissions bootleg saws! The 25:1 fuel mix tells me that the pistons and cylinders are probably pretty soft compared to others today. Or, maybe alot of them are sold in poor countries where regular 4 stroke oil might be used in the fuel.

NSEric

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
My Chinese saws get 32-1 and are turned up to 15000rpm with big carbs and porting.
They haven't blown up yet, I think the 25-1 is for countries without proper mixing oil, it specs 30wt oil for mixing oil just like they used in the 70's lol.

Leafy

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I run 40:1 red armor in mine, well every 2 stroke I own actually. If I was going to run motor oil I'd run it 25:1.