Hard hat mounted ear muffs

Homemade

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
7:26 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’m having a hard time looking for a hard hat mounted ear muffs that are am/fm and Bluetooth. I don’t need two way radio or any mic on the muffs. Just want to listen to my music from my phone. What do you guys use/like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

CoreyB

Yep I am your neighborhood coffee man
Local time
6:26 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Following because I would like to know as well.

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
me3

Thinking of going to tiny Bluetooth wireless earbuds. They work with anything and everything.

Listening to shop tools wine isn't much fun either. It gets distracting after three or four hours, right guys?

I'll be milling soon so...

Homemade

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
me3

Thinking of going to tiny Bluetooth wireless earbuds. They work with anything and everything.

Listening to shop tools wine isn't much fun either. It gets distracting after three or four hours, right guys?

I'll be milling soon so...

I have Bluetooth ear buds. They don’t fit in the muffs too well. Unless I get the pelotor x5. Those things look huge.

Homemade

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I contacted 3m and they don’t offer hard hat mounted am/fm Bluetooth muffs. I noticed the mounting on the side of the ear cups is the same through out a majority of the 3m peltor line. So I’m going to get some basic hard had muffs and the am/fm Bluetooth work tunes and see if I can modify one to work with the other.

Homemade

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So this is what I came up with. I took a regular set of peltor 101 hard hat mounted muffs. I noticed how the muff mounted to the hard had frame work the same way my work tunes am/fm only muffs did to the standard head band

d27258c2a14243e5555efcbadf47967d.jpg

According to 3m, any worktunes muff can’t be hard hat mounted because of the wire that runs in the head band.

7cf42eceaad6ed2fa78aaa2113e90354.jpg
633dd09be3e2bbeb98b0072b916e45e2.jpg

False. It fits just fine. I’ll admit, the wire between the muffs could be a few inches longer but is long enough. I tucked it above the head support so I don’t ever feel it, unless I swing the muffs up on the sides of the hard hat, then it’s a touch short.

This was free as I already had the stuff, and I know I wanted Bluetooth capabilities to my phone. But this is basically what I was shooting for. I’m rock this out for a while and see if I really need bluetooth. It does get unbalanced when I put the muffs up on the side of the helmet.