Green Mean Machine

Sappling_King

New OPE Member
Local time
2:12 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I had some tech questions and looking for input. I have an electric chainsaw, the brand is The Handy. It is a powerful 2000 watt motor with a 16" blade. I like to trim my trees around the house with it. My wife likes me to trim some overgrowth around the property and build her a fire outside in the firepit. But, my dumb luck, I accidentally cut the power cord in half last time I used it. So now I need to put a new short cord in it that actually goes into the saw itself. I was curious if I could put a bigger gauge of wire to it or if there is any performance upgrades I could do to this bad boy. I am ready to get cutting again! Any input and help would be appreciated!

DELETED (Struggle)

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
2:12 PM
User ID
Reaction score
strip the cut wires apart and solder them back together. It will be stranded wire. You can put heat shrink around the wires "first" then solder them.

If you aren't able to solder them you most likely can get some type of crimp and crimp the corresponding wires back together and tap them or heat shrink them to prevent contacting together.

Best is to stagger the connections then they can't short out.