Definitive Dave

Piss Rev Mafia Member
GoldMember
Local time
5:14 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
ah the gift that keeps on giving eh Clark?

I had to remove the tank to get to the stripped out Allen screw holding one of the corners of the cylinder on.
IMG_1142.JPG

I could and did send him butt-loads of fasteners, so.....
IMG_1143.JPG

soooo Sexy!!

even Elmo on Sesame Street know these don't match, but they are good enough to hold my jug on
IMG_1144.JPG

And the fun part is that i removed the bastard bolt with my fingers when I got the handle out of the way, now that's quality workmanship!!

Piston marks are all ugly but faint enough i can't feel them with my finger.
IMG_1145.JPG
IMG_1146.JPG

Moparmyway

Its just a saw
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Pics of the cylinder and its sanded base ?

Every single 288 piston that I've seen has a case of the whoops ........... there goes the grinder....

No excuse for loose or stripped bolts ............. NONE !!

At least he's consistant

Definitive Dave

Piss Rev Mafia Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
BELT SANDER BABY!!!!!
IMG_1152.JPG IMG_1153.JPG IMG_1154.JPG

Now I wonder why we needed to remove the makers mark... but maybe the base got sanded far enough he needed the clearance....I wouldn't have even questioned it at the time.

IMG_1155.JPG

Im gonna ask a buddy to true this up, I'm sure he will have many kind words for the nameless one.
IMG_1158.JPG

Moparmyway

Its just a saw
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
ROLOCK disk in a rt angle pneumatic .................. them swirl marks aint no belt sander finish

Is it even ported ?

Please tell me that those silver specks arent metal left over from the work he did

If you want to send it to me, I'll true it up and get her back quickly Sir

Last edited:

BuckthornBonnie

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
ah the gift that keeps on giving eh Clark?

I had to remove the tank to get to the stripped out Allen screw holding one of the corners of the cylinder on.
View attachment 85190

I could and did send him butt-loads of fasteners, so.....
View attachment 85191

soooo Sexy!!

even Elmo on Sesame Street know these don't match, but they are good enough to hold my jug on
View attachment 85192

And the fun part is that i removed the bastard bolt with my fingers when I got the handle out of the way, now that's quality workmanship!!

Piston marks are all ugly but faint enough i can't feel them with my finger.
View attachment 85193
View attachment 85194
F that...

Again, why couldn't he have been an "expert" in other models instead of fubar-ing these 1122s?

Definitive Dave

Piss Rev Mafia Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
this one started life as an 064, I sent him a new in box MS660 cylinder and a Meteor 288 piston

the fun thing is that three of the bolts are torx 27 even though one is different from the others in length and thread type and the last one ...well it is "good enough for Dave"

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
this one started life as an 064, I sent him a new in box MS660 cylinder and a Meteor 288 piston

the fun thing is that three of the bolts are torx 27 even though one is different from the others in length and thread type and the last one ...well it is "good enough for Dave"
it was good enough for all of us ole buddy

srcarr52

Shop rat, backyard slice cutter.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

That would have been an M5x0.8 thread in the case so he probably just rammed those bolts in there without drilling a tapping to the correct size. Naw, them's self tappin screws!

Moparmyway

Its just a saw
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

:vomiton22je:

Stihlbro

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Dave , did it have an air leak too? How many coils till it ran right? Does it tune 15,986 rpms and still four stroke? What this a long bar or short bar build?

Was round ground chain or square chain specified in the videos? How long did it take to ship? Did the post office catch on fire? The post master got married? Hurricane with golf ball hail terrorize the county? Oh wait, did he have to check with his wife on when the saw was shipped? How can he look his dad in the face and answer for these actions?

Sorry! Rick Flair "woooooooo" moment.

blsnelling

Friend of the Riff Raff
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yup, the two allen head bolts are 1/4-20 while the original Stihl torx are M6x1.0.

That would have been an M5x0.8 thread in the case so he probably just rammed those bolts in there without drilling a tapping to the correct size. Naw, them's self tappin screws!

No! Say it's not so!!!!!!:BangHead::BangHead::BangHead: