Gnarly wood grain

deye223

AIR FUEL SPARK VROOOOOM
Local time
12:45 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
...... Here in Aus we have a bunch of trees that don't have a straight grain in them and that means their bloody dangerous to even stand under let alone drop ......
And they keep me on my toes I can tell you ...... because even if you scarf them right and back them in the right place it don't mean chiiit these buggers will find a way to *f-word you in the end ...... and Many loggers have died even when these trees were green ......
Anyway I will find some pics and endever to find more better pics to show you soon ......
Anyway this is typical of what I am saying ......

20190714_022054.jpg

Wood Doctor

Edwin
Local time
9:45 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I imagine that stuff probably does not split very easily either. Now and then we run into twisted grain on species that are normally straight grain and easy split. Usually that occurs when a tree grows at an odd ball angle and stress causes the grain to twist. I've run into twisted grains on both ash and elm.

That wood in your pic looks treacherous.

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
10:45 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
...... Here in Aus we have a bunch of trees that don't have a straight grain in them and that means their bloody dangerous to even stand under let alone drop ......
And they keep me on my toes I can tell you ...... because even if you scarf them right and back them in the right place it don't mean chiiit these buggers will find a way to *f-word you in the end ...... and Many loggers have died even when these trees were green ......
Anyway I will find some pics and endever to find more better pics to show you soon ......
Anyway this is typical of what I am saying ......

View attachment 190459

That looks like an ignorant ass piece of wood.