Giving Back/Paying it Forward

S Tebo

Super OPE Member
Local time
10:30 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Guys,

Kinda like the title says- I thought that this might be a good place to start a thread to allow people to post some personal knowledge of Good Karma/Good Ju-Ju events, stories and news. Along with the Charity Auctions, Fund Raisers and Go fund Me’s etc. that are listed in the “Events” threads, I know that our saw community does a LOT for the bigger community at large. But we probably keep most of it to ourselves or to our own circles of close friends. So I thought why not share some good stuff here as well and if it happens to involve chainsaws in some way, then all the better! Admin; My Apologies if this is a duplicate thread type or if it would be better located elsewhere- please assist in these regards.

Cheers,

Scott

S Tebo

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Guys,

Kinda like the title says- I thought that this might be a good place to start a thread to allow people to post some personal knowledge of Good Karma/Good Ju-Ju events, stories and news. Along with the Charity Auctions, Fund Raisers and Go fund Me’s etc. that are listed in the “Events” threads, I know that our saw community does a LOT for the bigger community at large. But we probably keep most of it to ourselves or to our own circles of close friends. So I thought why not share some good stuff here as well and if it happens to involve chainsaws in some way, then all the better! Admin; My Apologies if this is a duplicate thread type or if it would be better located elsewhere- please assist in these regards.

Cheers,

Scott

Giving Back,

I just thought I'd share this. My son has almost achieved the rank of “Eagle Scout”. One of the last steps in this process is to do an Eagle Scout (charity) Project. There are several other boys in his troop that are also working toward this same rank/goal. The boys frequently help each other with their projects and yesterday my son and I assisted a fellow scout with his project. We spent the day by donating our time and wood related equipment to support a couple of wounded warriors along with several others from Evan's Boy Scout troop. It was a great day and I think Evan learned a lot about sacrifice. I was very proud of him and for us to be able to help these guys. A very humbling experience for sure. I attached the link to the newspaper article for reference and some pics. My son is the tall blond boy and I am the one with the brown shirt and Stihl suspender chaps and black Navy Seal Team3 hat.

Scott

http://www.capitalgazette.com/multi...-veteran-adam-keys-20160228-photogallery.html

6.png 7.png 8.png 9.png 10.png

S Tebo

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Guys,

Cheers,

Scott

13.png 15.png 17.png 19.png

Attachments

• 20.png
    20.png
    792.3 KB · Views: 7

S Tebo

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Guys,

Cheers,

Scott

1.jpg 5.jpg 16.png 18.png

Attachments

• 19.png
    19.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 5

S Tebo

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Guys,

Cheers,

Scott
2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 14.png
21.png

rburg

Super OPE Member
Local time
9:30 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I am glad to see some sons and dads working together to help others. Definitely some quality time spent together.

Digger's Dad

Saw-chologist
Local time
9:30 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
For those who don't know, Eagle Scout is a big deal. What the OP calls a charity project isn't an afternoon helping little old ladies cross the street. It is a full scale, documented community help project that must have a significant, measurable impact in and for the community. Not all scouts become Eagle Scouts. Not all projects qualify.

I was not a scout, but I helped a young man work on his project. My part was a solid week of preparation including publicity, moving equipment and supplies, rounding up support and finally over-seeing the day of work. The work for the scout was much more than my part.

To the OP: My hat's off to your scout (and you). Good job!