Genuine "OREGON" Rim sprockets

Philbert

Chainsaw Enthusiast
Local time
4:14 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
While we’re talking Oregon, do they stamp all of their tie straps for individual sale with their name? Seems a lot for sale are blank but claim to be authentic.
Good question.

Through the years, Oregon / Blount has manufactured a lot of private label chain (e.g. marked 'Makita', 'Echo', 'Husq') for OEM manufacturers. And they have bought out some other companies. So it is hard to know everything that they make or made.

I purchased some unbranded presets and tie straps from a specific seller on eBay who swore that they are genuine, but in recent years there have been many more 'no-brand' chain products offered there by a wide range of sellers, so it is hard to know.

Buying from a dealer (online or brick-and-mortar) that also sells a lot of Oregon chain would be a good way to hedge your bet.

Philbert

beaglebriar

The Peanut Gallery
GoldMember
Local time
5:14 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This always chaps my ass. The other day I ordered a Hyway cylinder kit from Amazon and received a Cross kit. Granted they're probably on the same level but if I wanted Cross I would've ordered it.

The seller was not HL supply but it was sent from them. Could've just used it but I sent it back because.. fuk 'em.

beaglebriar

The Peanut Gallery
GoldMember
Local time
5:14 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I like a bit of rimmin...:zpong: carry on postin pics of your rims,,:D:risas3:
6b784098b11a276bb9a2f4c4574d078d.jpg

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
4:14 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This always chaps my ass. The other day I ordered a Hyway cylinder kit from Amazon and received a Cross kit. Granted they're probably on the same level but if I wanted Cross I would've ordered it.

The seller was not HL supply but it was sent from them. Could've just used it but I sent it back because.. fuk 'em.

Buy an OEM ya cheap bastige

CR888

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
7:14 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
They OP posted pics of the rims in question looked far from Chinas best too. Probably the best machined nicest rim sprockets I've ever seen (& I've seen a few) were AM from China in a 10pk of .404 rims I bought. Having said that the worst most poorly ununiform rims I've ever seen have been AM out of China. Maybe when Trump does his China deal he could insist they up the consistency of their rims. I would love to see president Xi Jinping's face after Trump told him his rims needs to all be uniform for a perfect fit! :ciappa: