High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Fuel Mix?

WoodyBlue

New OPE Member
Local time
8:02 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Question for the pros and milling veterans out there. Running a MS 660 Mag, Stock. What is the best fuel mix for it for milling on a Logosol M8 Farmers?

Last edited:

WoodyBlue

New OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
So that is why I asked the question. I know it is difficult to illustrate here in words but I have a LITTLE experience in tuning a carb. But not a lot. So making it run leaner is setting the idle higher or lower to almost a stall or what.

dmb2613

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Open up the high side [ turn the screw out ] 1/2 turn will get you in the ballpark if the saw was tuned properly to start with. it needs to gurgle some at wide open throttle when not under a load. If it screams it is too lean

dmb2613

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So that is why I asked the question. I know it is difficult to illustrate here in words but I have a LITTLE experience in tuning a carb. But not a lot. So making it run leaner is setting the idle higher or lower to almost a stall or what.

OK you have a high speed screw, a low speed screw and an idle screw. this is going to be too much for me to type

Deets066

AKA Deetsey
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If your saw has limiters, a fixed stop. Turn both screws out until they stop.

Keep in mind this may not be rich enough, espeacially if you go to 32:1 fuel mix.

32:1 will run leaner than 50:1, therefore needs to be tuned richer.

ray benson

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
7:02 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

This should get you started.
http://www.madsens1.com/saw_carb_tune.htm
The service manual explains adjusting the carb with limiters and without limiters. Check your inbox